Southern Heat

Getting a nice COOOOOOOL rain in East Texas today! ^______^ soooooo GOOD! Finally much needed rain, hopefully it'll move West and put out all those wildfires!

Bet you guys are jealous huh?

Quote:
I'm so jealous. We finally are hoping for rain today in Central Tx. 20% but I'll take what I can get. 9 days of 100 degrees and over. YUCK.

It's 99 and the heat index is 107.
barnie.gif
Smoke from fires in south Georgia are diminishing air quality.
somad.gif
We're really dealing with a lot of challenges here.
he.gif

I live in Western Massachusetts and we've had a rather cool, wet spring and beginning to summer. A couple weeks ago however, we had several days of 90+ heat. One of my eight week old pullets, a BR named Alice had some trouble with the heat, panting. So, besides putting ice in their water and giving them cool watermelon (they LOVE that!) I took a basin and put a couple few inches of cool water in it and placed her in it and made her lay down on her belly. I held her there and swished the water under her and around her legs. After a few minutes I let her go. Her fluff and body feathers stayed wet for a little while and with the breeze we had I am sure continued to cool her. I had to do it once the next day too but again, she was fine after that. I think she kind if likes it because she doesn't protest at all when in the water.

Here she is...

82286_dscf1024.jpg

Back
Top Bottom