Songster
8 Years
Apr 7, 2011
Mississippi
OMG!!! it is soooo Hot in Mississippi
barnie.gif
....I live in southern mississippi and it was 102
ep.gif
yesterday...My poor chickens were panting I had to spray them off and I also put ice cubes in their water, but people are having animals die from this heat the lady that owns the local feed and seed told me 5 of her chickens died and her pot belly pig....anybody else feeling this heat wave????

101 here in East Texas today....awful!! I have the misters going for the animals and I am constantly watering the gardens to keep them alive .....we need rain desperately!!! I am only letting the kids go out in spurts and keeping everyone hydrated. Yes this is going to be a long dreary summer at this rate and it isnt even July/August yet ugghhhhh!

It's way too hot. I've had the misters going on all livestock, pools for dogs and llama, frozen treats, changing out water to keep it cool. I actually bring my silkies in cause they are way too hot. Even spraying them don't seem to work. So in the house in their inside play pen they go.

I'm in Southern California and it is "only" 90 degrees today...I know it will get worse as summer goes on!! Maybe up to 110 degrees! I feel very bad for people who have to deal with more humid heat. When I lived in Illinois I wanted to take a shower five times a day.
I was worried my Blue copper marans girl would die because she has so many feathers, even on her legs and feet.
It gets cool at night here but last night she was still panting a little. Now I have to keep spraying their run with water from the hose, freezing a big bottle of water, and putting ice cubes in their waterer. I'm going to keep misting them with a spray bottle once I have one handy.

Take care with this heat everyone!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom