Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

As I just acquired the chickens this April, I'm not sure yet, but would keep updating. But this summer it has been really hot for the Girls and guys as I bought straight run.
The Blue foot chickens and the Americans get along. As they are together.
the French-black cooper marans and the blue and black ameraucanas are also sharing the coop while I set up a new one.

As I just acquired the chickens this April, I'm not sure yet, but would keep updating. But this summer it has been really hot for the Girls and guys as I bought straight run. 
The Blue foot chickens and the Americans get along. As they are together. 
the French-black cooper marans and the blue and black ameraucanas are also sharing the coop while I set up a new one. 

Welcome to the group...my girls are all walking around with their wings out and their mouths open...I just can't keep the water cold enough.

Good day chicken lovers. Just wanted to add a little update to my little flock of six. Being in Brookhaven myself I am faced with what others are worried about. My CRC busted out his first through tenth crow this morning when I let them out of the coop. Though I thought it awesome that my once little puff ball is now crowing I now worry about the impending complaints. Originally we thought we'd be able to consider the possibility of a rooster as a meal, but in the 3 months we've had him and the girls we are attached and can't do it.
I may wait for possible complaints and the arrival of our town representative rooster hunter or seek somebody that would adopt our newly crowing Pluckyew...Plucky for short. If there is any interest please let me know and I'll definitely keep you posted. He is so cool though. Let's you hold him and he sits on my shoulder, I couldn't .make him dinner.

What kind of bird is Nutmeg so I know who will be best suited for her?
[/quote]
I'm not sure what kind of bird Nutmeg is but I'll try and send a photo (learning all about how to work with BYC website)
I'd really like to drive out today, now if I could.

Found the "Redneck" air conditioner on BYC posted by 2manychickens. The top one is the 1st one I made but then bumped it up to a bigger and thicker cooler with a stronger fan. I also have a commercial Ice maker which makes this feasible. It does help! The air is cooler. Have to go out every few hours to replinsh the ice but it is better than nothing. The chickens don't like being misted, laying by frozen water bottles or kiddie pools. I may add another fan tomorrow. The one hanging on the door blows into the coop. I plan to add another one a little lower so it blows on them under the coop. Poor girls. How is everyone else handeling the heat???
somad.gif

[quote name="Cheeky Chick"
Did you get Nutmeg from Heather?
[/quote]
Yes , she told me al about all her wonderful "chicken friends" and I'd love to meet you all.

I have a little Serama girl I can give you, sorry I didn't see you wanted to come out today til now.
That trip is crazy, did you want me to meet you halfway?

Back
Top Bottom