Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Look where we found a chick! Didn't know the little silkies could hop that high. LOL
se3abehy.jpg

Decided to save money and make my own run extension. Home depot cut all the wood for me. Me & mom painted it. Now I'm screwing it together. It's coming better than I expected but I am so NOT into this. Power tools scare me lol

Oh, in what do you bathe a chicken, like what material do you use because I picked her up yesterday and although a lot less, bugs still remain and got on me. I don't know if its clumped dust on her feathers under the wings or bug eggs, but very interested in the bath idea!

Oh, in what do you bathe a chicken, like what material do you use because I picked her up yesterday and although a lot less, bugs still remain and got on me. I don't know if its clumped dust on her feathers under the wings or bug eggs, but very interested in the bath idea!
I heavily sprinkle food grade diatomatious earth in their dust holes and in with the nesting shavings. I think you can get a powder duster thing and dust their feathers if they have bugs. I also use Happy Hen Treats brand nesting box blend in the nest boxes. Smells amazing and repels bugs.

Thank you, that helps. I wish I could stop the sneezing. I'm reluctant to start the antibiotic I got yesterday at Agway. I did use the vetrx, but not yet today. The other stuff seems disease specific from what I was reading

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom