Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

I just had 24 cubic yards (2 dump truck full loads) of mulch dropped off for free!!! The county tree trimmers were looking for people to take it. It smells amazing because it is all sorts of hardwoods and it it going to look great in my flower beds and around my trees. Last year I paid 400 a load for mulch. Yay! Of course, this means I have to spread 24 cubic yards of mulch... better get out the mineral ice.

Busy weekend finished top dressing garden beds with aged compost. I had to move compost pile due to the bees coming. My veggie garden is 8x4 raised beds with a 2-ft fence all around. My current challenge is two of the girls keep getting in even with wings clipped. I have to make fencing taller which I'm not thrilled with. I planted 3 types lettuce swiss chard onions three types of peas radishes and carrots. Covered the beds with screening while im at work.

We are busy... I just got 2plus yards of black gold delivered had some left over after filling my 4 new raised beds.
Going to get the new strawberry patch in tommorrow .
Got some lettuce, cabbage, leeks in. Also filled two baskets with pansies.

I think we should invest in muscle rub...

Don't you guys do too much

I just came in... whew. Finally got the potatoes, peas, radishes, sugar p, snow p, leeks, beets, spinach, and rapini in today. Also filled a bazillion mole holes. Now I need to figure out where I am going to put the rest and get the rest of my greens in and carrots in this week. I have a couple hundred seeds started as well.

I did the potatoes in the feed bags (I opened the bottoms though. I used some recycled poles from a canopy that was destroyed in the snow to keep the bags in place. I will let everyone know how it goes. I have some potatoes planted in the standard fashion as well, just as a control group.

Do any of you do onions from seeds? Any advice?

OK, I hurt, going to veg on the couch now... ouch.
th.gif

Finally got some beds in front cleared of leaves so now the daffs can enjoy. Finally got seeds started but will finish those tomorrow. Baught the fencing I need. This work thing really gets in the way. Lol. However I'm on spring break as of Friday. Yay. We need muscle rub by the truck loads. Lol. Rest up everyone .

I get this muscle rub called biofreeze. It is fantastic stuff. It comes in a spray and rollon so you don't get it on your hands (also has a gel version) and is waterbased and nonstaining. I love this stuff...

Just got an email from Ideal... my chicks have shipped! Keep your fingers crossed that the warmish weather keeps up and they get her quickly without postal issues.
OMG they are here already! Can you believe it? Less than 24 hrs from hatch. All survived and are very active. We are in cuteness overload here. I will get picks up as soon as I get a chance. The Norwegian Jaerhon chicks are the cutest things ever!

I get this muscle rub called biofreeze. It is fantastic stuff. It comes in a spray and rollon so you don't get it on your hands (also has a gel version) and is waterbased and nonstaining. I love this stuff...

That stuff is the best. I always keep some on hand.

Back
Top Bottom