Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Hey folks! Do I qualify as being below Dutchess county to post in this thread too? lol We just moved to Sullivan County. It is CHILLLLLLY up here!

Quote:
Absolutely, itsy! And, welcome to ya!
welcome-byc.gif
:
wee.gif

All are welcome here no matter where they are located. It's just easier for us downstaters to have a place to come with anything specific to this region

Hope you like the gang here and stick around.

Best,
Al

Quote:
Welcome!
yippiechickie.gif

This is a great thread. Lots of support - and laughs along the way.

Where in Sullivan County? My family used to have a summer cabin across the river from Callicoon, and I have family in the area.

Tell us about your flock (I love pictures!!).

Suzanne

Well, I just checked on the babies and they look great.
wee.gif
They were awake and peeping when I went out to the coop. (Her Highness and Agatha were sleeping in, and quite annoyed when I opened the pop door to check on them!)

I only checked on the chicks five times during night. Aren't you proud of me?
tongue2.gif

Quote:
I don't think I fussed this much over my kid!
wink.png

Gladys is still being bossy. I sorta hope Aggie gives her a swift kick. But I know it doesn't work like that...

Hello everyone and HOLY COW I missed alot. I was so busy with my daughters 1st birthday party this past weekend that I had no time to be obsessed with chickens
th.gif

Congrats Roberta!!!!! That's 2 wins for Clyde now, he is surely a keeper
wee.gif

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in about sand. LOVE it in the run, HATE it in the coop. I changed my first coop from pine shavings to sand about 2 months ago and i will be changing it back to shavings soon. I have 2 coops really close to each other, coop # 1 with sand STINKS and coop # 2 with shavings has a pine shaving smell. I love that the sand is really easy to clean BUT you must clean it EVERYDAY or else it stinks bad. I can only clean my coops on the weekend so it doesn't work for me. Also, even after I clean it the sand still holds an amonia smell
sickbyc.gif

Hope everyone is doing good
frow.gif

Trish

Wow, I,m with ya Trish. Stay away for a fey days because life happens and you miss a whole lot. I see every one is doing well here! The weather change is great. I love fall. Absolutely the best time of the year. The older girls are still slow on the eggs due to them molting but I can't complain. They have always given us lots of eggs.
welcome-byc.gif
Itsy this is a great thread for us down state chicken fanatics to connect.

Back
Top Bottom