Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

It takes a tough man to raise a tender chicken! I tried to get Bobby to get me a new (bigger) coop for my birthday yesterday, but no such luck! I was hoping he'd at least get me a chicken!! I love it when they try to pretend they don't care about the chickens. Bobby launched into this whole thing today about how ready Wanda is to start laying, etc., etc. I'll have my new coop, just watch!

Happy Birthday, Suzanne!
ya.gif

Looks like I've missed a lot here.

Al, I'm not getting email updates either. Guess I'll have to go back to checking the site itself every day. Good thing I can access it at work!
caf.gif
I always say my job would be great if they'd stop letting all those kids in every day.

I'm sorry to hear about your medical issues, Al. It's so frustrating. It seems like every time they find one issue, another pops up. Keep an eye on things, and take good care of yourself.

I'm not going to stress over this surgical clearance nonsense. If I can't get clearance, I'll cancel the surgery. Then nobody will get their money! I can wait til the summer. I'm not taking any more time off from work for this. It's not like it's life-threatening.

Let's talk SPRING!! Who's planting a garden? Who's getting more chickens? (That's a joke, son.) In the Spring, a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of CHICKEN MATH!!
yesss.gif

Roberta, I'm sorry about Mikey. Are you going to retire his tuxedo or is someone else going to take over his job?

I won't ask if you're crazy for hatching more chicks. I know the answer to that! I'm still prepared to take a couple of Rhodies and/or EEs off your hands for Bobby's friend.

Suzanne, I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Good luck if you have the surgery. I hear the recovery is not such a nice thing.
sad.png

Al, I hope they get things all straightened out with your health. Keep your chin up and visit us here more often to raise your spirits.

I'm doing a garden for sure as i do every year.... mostly asian and Japanese vegetables I get from a great seed company called Kitazawa. Daikon, Thai Eggplant, Chinese Broccoli, Shisho, Karela, and the like. My tree count is up to Gooseberries, Goji Berries, Goumi Berries, Currants, Durian (well just seedlings...), PawPaw and Buddha Hand......
I mainly garden for the exotics.... not stuff I really like. Rather stupid, I know.

Only 2 1/2 weeks to go!! My chicks are in the incubator now, they are finally real! I'm so excited, nervous too, I hope I don't mess up.
I was going to post the countdown this morning - 17 days and counting! It's so exciting. I know you've been waiting a long time. You won't mess up! We're all here to help you. I got so many answers from everyone here, it's been great. I LOVE having chickens. My girls all come running to me when I come home and around the corner of the house into the yard. I have to film it, it's the funniest sight ever. Chickens running!
wee.gif

I want an SLW to complete my flock.

I found out how to get email updates from the thread: Go to subscriptions and then settings.

So here's my laugh of the day: The hospital now requires you to change your bed linen and night clothes for two nights before the surgery, and to use a surgical scrub for the two showers before and day of surgery shower. Like now it's my job to keep myself sterile for the procedure. Okay, so I'll use your antibacterial scrub and clean sheets and towels and pjs. But I'm still playing with my chickens before I leave for the hospital!!
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom