Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Good news: the kitten doesn't have worms. His eye is still bothering him and he's still sneezing, tho. Gonna give him another flea bath tonight. I think the fleas are giving him an allergic reaction.
Flea infestation can give a kitten/ cat anemia. Too many baths may be also give the cat a chill if she's in a weakened condition. A flea comb is great and dip the comb in rubbing alcohol to kill trapped fleas and dump them in the liquid. Combing with rubbing alcohol worked for me and my two rescued barn kittens. Their mother was killed by a coyote and they were orphaned in a horse barn.

You also should give the cat an old rag as bedding and change it daily because the fleas will be laying eggs in whatever bedding the cat has and you need to break the lifecycle of the fleas.

Note to self: when you borrow mom's bread basket to take
chick pictures, do NOT post picture on Facebook
lol.png
LMAO hHAHAHAHAHA

YAY 3 Days!!!! Just finished giving my girl/guy a bath.... Unfortunatley, My rooster got in a quarrel with a possum... He lost several wing feathers ='/ So he probably wont do as good on saturday... And I cut his left foot middle toe, a little itsy bit short... Poor guy =/

Ok good to know. I heard it helped keep the chicks from
getting sprayed legs and made clean up easier so thought
I'd give it a try cause this round is being hatched in my styrofoam
bator and that darn metal screen seems a most uncomfortable
thing to be born on.
That's how I felt too. I usually use it in the brooder 1st couple of days for footing. And I take out of bator as soon as dry (sometimes sooner) so they don't lay on wire...I've had them get stuck in corners under wire!

Flea infestation can give a kitten/ cat anemia. Too many baths may be also give the cat a chill if she's in a weakened condition. A flea comb is great and dip the comb in rubbing alcohol to kill trapped fleas and dump them in the liquid. Combing with rubbing alcohol worked for me and my two rescued barn kittens. Their mother was killed by a coyote and they were orphaned in a horse barn.

You also should give the cat an old rag as bedding and change it daily because the fleas will be laying eggs in whatever bedding the cat has and you need to break the lifecycle of the fleas.

Good advice, I like the idea of changing the bedding. Suzanne I'll put some nepatia in a bag for Sat. It's a mint though so watch where you plant it or it will take over.

YAY 3 Days!!!! Just finished giving my girl/guy a bath.... Unfortunatley, My rooster got in a quarrel with a possum... He lost several wing feathers ='/ So he probably wont do as good on saturday... And I cut his left foot middle toe, a little itsy bit short... Poor guy =/
You cut his TOE, or the nail?

Thanks for the suggestion Maxx. Brutus is doing okay. I researched on the Internet. They said to use Dawn, like they do with oil-soaked wildlife. I made sure the water was nice and warm, and put a towel in the sink to give him footing. He was very cooperative. I wrapped him up all snuggly afterwards and he dozed off in my arms. I got a number of fleas off him, both during the bath and after. Sneaky little buggers, fleas. They sneak up toward his head to get away from the water. Poor little guy. He is such a sweetie, though. He let me wash him, snuggle him and continue to pick fleas off him. Then he gave himself his own bath and dozed off. I think I got all the live fleas. Not an infestation exactly, but more fleas than I expected. He's healthy otherwise - no signs of anemia. He goes back to the vet in 10 days.

Back
Top Bottom