Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

One of my 4-month old White Leghorn pullets has started sprouting this growth on her beak. It's made of beak material, and her beak and nostrils are otherwise properly formed.

Has anyone else experienced these odd growths on their chickens?

Other than making her look like the wicked witch with a wart on her nose, do folks here think I have any cause for concern?

Thanks,
George

George, it looks like you have one of those rare Rhinoceros chickens. I have no idea what that is. I don't ever remember reading, hearing or seeing anything like it. I am hoping it is nothing to worry about.

Good luck getting it diagnosed and taken care of.

Al

Good morning George I've never seen such a thing . But I'm only at this for 3+ years. Have you posted it on any other thread? Good luck and keep us posted.
hmmmm........never seen that before.
hu.gif

George, it looks like you have one of those rare Rhinoceros chickens. I have no idea what that is. I don't ever remember reading, hearing or seeing anything like it. I am hoping it is nothing to worry about.
Good luck getting it diagnosed and taken care of.
Al

Paint some of her feathers in a rainbow pattern, put her in a glittery stage set and charge people $1 to see the rare unicorn chicken!

Back
Top Bottom