Southern28Chick's soap!

I LOVE the style of the soap shed, it would make an awsome chicken coop! I like the roof, kind of gambrel looking. I also see a nice storage area on the side to store more hay....lol How big is it? Did you husband biuild it or is it one of those pre-made? Anyway very nice, and again I am going to ask you how in the world did you get into making soap??? I have known a couple of people who have tried it but it stopped there and they never pursued it.

Hey Trish, with all these orders from us coming in, you're gonna be one rich girl! Be sure to name your yacht the "Backyard Chicken Coop"!

Thanks, Ozark Hen. I popped her into the KFC bucket and she was not amused! But it is a funny picture.

Last edited:
Southern that is a great site...i have checked it out before but in about 2 weeks i will actually have a salary that will allow me to buy nice stuff instead of just essentials. I think my wife and daughter would really like to try some of those. Do you do sort of a mixed pack of say 10 bars of all the different types? I tried the gift pack section but there wasnt anything on that part of the site.

Trish-
old.gif

I think cucumber melon would be a good one to make. I know alot of people that like that scent.

I'm going to try to answer all the questions:

I LOVE the style of the soap shed, it would make an awsome chicken coop! I like the roof, kind of gambrel looking. I also see a nice storage area on the side to store more hay....lol How big is it? Did you husband biuild it or is it one of those pre-made? Anyway very nice, and again I am going to ask you how in the world did you get into making soap??? I have known a couple of people who have tried it but it stopped there and they never pursued it.

When we bought the house the shed and lean-to came with the property. The shed is about 10'x15' and the lean-to is about 15'x20'. Whoever owned the property before us bought the shed and built the lean-to onto it. The lean-to is very nice. DH and I were just talking the other night about how we could have closed in the front and put a door on it and made it a coop. Oh well. It's full of stuff, lawn movers, hay, wood for the winter and just a lot of STUFF.

Here's a picture, don't you love how my chairs don't match! I just noticed in the first pic my cat Morris is sitting on a log to the right of the picture. He really blends in.
DSC00103.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

I started making soap about 2 years ago. I went to a craft store and bought one of those melt and pour soap kits (which is crappy soap) and started researching on how to make the real thing. After spending a ton of money making it just to give it away I started Southern Essence.

Hey Trish, with all these orders from us coming in, you're gonna be one rich girl! Be sure to name your yacht the "Backyard Chicken Coop"!

I don't know about rich, maybe I'll be able to pay back the loan I got in order to start the company. The good thing is DH will get a lot of $ back from taxes because I'll be showing a MAJOR loss in my business. People keep telling me you don't make any money the first 2 years you own a business, they are so right.

Southern that is a great site...i have checked it out before but in about 2 weeks i will actually have a salary that will allow me to buy nice stuff instead of just essentials. I think my wife and daughter would really like to try some of those. Do you do sort of a mixed pack of say 10 bars of all the different types? I tried the gift pack section but there wasnt anything on that part of the site.

I'm going to have gift baskets and sampler sets and all of that up very soon, I hope. No later then Friday is my goal.

Trish-
I think cucumber melon would be a good one to make. I know alot of people that like that scent.

Yeah I like it too. I'm going to get the supplies I need then I try a batch and see how it goes.​

Last edited:
Trish- I love the shed
love.gif
Give me two of those, one for painting and one for 'my space"
gig.gif

It is so homey and that is what attracts me to it.
I, too, would want to try the cucumber soap. I love a nice clean fragrance that won't compete with any perfume if I decide to wear some. I prefer a good clean soap smell though. ha
Who cares if your chairs don't match!?
Well, your two year "making no profit" is over...we all will see to that. Word of mouth is your best advertising for a product that is good quality. You had better be thinking of expanding that shed into the lean to and maybe having to hire help.
yippiechickie.gif

I REALLY like the soap shed and the lean-to is a great size. That's what happens with them though, before you know it they are full of stuff and you just keep adding and adding and adding. I could fit a good amount of hay in there for the winter, it is much bigger than mine. The whole thing is a nice set-up.
I see Morris and he looks happy, and you think your lawn chairs don't match you should see what I have. I have the ghetto lawn chairs.
You better get going on soap making ( gift baskets & samplers) because I can see some Christmas shopping being done on here. I can't wait to get the shower gift, I bet they are going to love it.

Trisha did your hubby build that? That thing looks AWESOME! He should build houses or something
big_smile.png

Bubba

Hey, Trisha, one more question: is the plain lye soap pretty much unscented? If not do you have one that is? I really like your soap a lot, and I will need to be getting some unscented when I get my bees (which actually might be sooner than we thought!!!)

Back
Top Bottom