Southwest Ohio

Quote:
I am sure that everything will go fine!!! Chicks are shipped all the time with no problem
and you are better off to get them all together.

Quote:
Quarantine? I'm a bit confused about that Jenny, could you explain what you ran into with that? I personally am not a fan of Mt. Healthy, not to disparage any one's reputation, but I purchased some supposed "OEGBs" and ended up with mutts, all of 'em. I wasn't very happy. On the other hand, I got one lovely Golden Sebright hen from them, then again I saw a 4 H-er with a Sebright roo that looked "mixed." It's probably just hatchery breeding, you can't count on anything.
Anyway............................................they don't just blow my skirt up. I'm curious to see the Nature place if you follow through with that one.
pop.gif

Hiya fellow bucks! Jason here and I'm in Springfield. Right now I have my layers and raising Seramas. I have loads of Seramas in the bator that will be for sale in the near future, so keep me in mind if your interested. If you want to get some fertile eggs, but don't like having them shipped, you can pick them up just about any time too! PM, or e-mail ahead so I can save some up. I may have some pure white silkies in the future, but for now, I have no idea what the sexes of my birds are...
roll.png

Quote:
You've met a fireman or friends or both?
gig.gif

Sounds like a great plan to me.
I looked at your page and if your Seramas were # from left to right, top to bottom, I'd vote for 1,3,5, and 7, then maybe 6 but I can't tell for sure about her, it's not the best picture. You have some very nice Seramas.
What kind of Cochins do you have? I may already know this and just can't remember.
Nancy

Met lots of firemen! The best are middle of the night fires when they all smell good (to start out with). Not going to the CC this year. I can't get the weekend off work, and Jerry's charging a dollar extra for any bird with out a SCNA band. I suspect that unbanded birds won't be eligable for top prizes, either, as he was ranting about that earlier last year. I'd rather spend my money locally, where it's not so political.

Hello there - I'm Dean from about halfway between Columbus and Toledo (Wyandot County). I currently have 10 hens - 6 barred rock that my brother hatched for me....and I bought 4 pullets from JessaLynn last summer - 2 delawares, a BO and a blue wyandotte...probably will add a few more this spring. BTW - Jess is really great to deal with!

This time of year I'm starting to get kind of bored I guess..... I've started to refinish the stock of an old rifle (1957 marlin 39a), I've decided to learn to crochet so I can make me a new scarf (my mother and sister are trying to teach me), I'll be starting my garden plants in the next couple weeks....and I've just begun to look into homebrewing beer, probably will buy some sort of beginner's kit soon and give it a try......kind of random, huh. But, I guess the biggest thing going on right now is the planning of a wedding. I'll walk my youngest daughter down the isle on the 26th of June.

I wanted to get to the swap last fall, but it didn't work out for me...Hopefully this year I can make it.

Just thought I'd say hi
frow.gif

Hello fellow Ohioans!

I'm Sharon and I'm from Strasburg Ohio, which is about 45 minutes south of Akron, in the Bolivar, Dover, New Philadelphia area. I've got 2 Golden Buffs, 1 BC Marans, 3 EE, 1 RIR, all hens that are about a year old, and then I've just purchase 6 chicks--3 GLW, 1 Speck. Sussex, and two Buff Orps.

I also am a new incy owner, and I've ordered these rare breed Cream Brabanter eggs that I hope will hatch.......they're really pretty crested birds!

And I have 16 Bobwhite quail chicks that I will be selling.......

Nice to meet you all, and maybe we can keep in touch!

Sincerely,
Sharon

Quote:

Not sure yet if I'll be at this months meet up, but I do plan to attend the clinic...I think it would be great for the kids to lean a bit more about the feeds for 4-H. I've wanted to make a few of the others, but the weather has been brutal, and the topics have been off for me, but you'll get sick of me soon enough. Oh yeah, I almost forgot...I've got about a dozen coturnix in the bator too...
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom