Soy-Free, Non-GMO, Organic feed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started asking the farmers at my Farmers Market and was able to locate a source for soy-free organic non GMO. Maybe try that and see if you have any luck?

Quote:
Yep, we should ignore plenty of studies that beg to differ.

I think a more reasonable thing to say is that in your opinion nothing is wrong them them.
smile.png
If someone doesn't like GMO foods, let them go on with their beliefs. That or put some evidence behind your statement. After all, if something is genetically modified from the original, does that make it not the same as the regular?
wink.png

Everything that everyone writes on this forum is their opinion, including both of our comments.

What I mean to say is that GMO grain in the feed isn't unhealthy for the chickens. Whether its in there or not doesn't make a huge difference. IMO

Quote:
thank you. i totally failed to think of that! you're awesome.

Hope you find what your looking for.

Edited by al6517

Last edited:
Quote:
ha. indeed, i'd prefer it come in a recycled paper sack.

and i get that you're poking fun (and that's cool), but i don't come to your threads and make fun of you. no matter how silly i think you sound. so, can we leave this thread for those who share an interest?

thanks.

Last edited:
Quote:
Right...but you either won't have ENOUGH protein with grain only, or you won't have enough vitamins/minerals (hence the nutri-balancer). Like I said, you can generally order a custom-made feed from a mill, but the nutrition will be lacking. The caveat is if they free range a LOT in a large area with a lot of different plants, insects (and small animals to kill), then grain-only purely as a supplement might be ok. But they need to get those nutrients missing from grains from somewhere....

i am asking for assistance with a soy-free, non-gmo, grain based organic feed. not for diet advice. i'm not really interested in your opinions on that.

And I was explaining why you likely won't find it outside of a custom-made feed from a local mill, and it will depend on where you are located as to whether or not there will even be something available there - meaning you need to look locally because you won't find it in a large-scale or national feed distributor. I gave a suggestion as to where to look.

There was no call to be rude if you didn't like my suggestion.
hmm.png

Quote:
i am asking for assistance with a soy-free, non-gmo, grain based organic feed. not for diet advice. i'm not really interested in your opinions on that.

And I was explaining why you likely won't find it outside of a custom-made feed from a local mill, and it will depend on where you are located as to whether or not there will even be something available there - meaning you need to look locally because you won't find it in a large-scale or national feed distributor. I gave a suggestion as to where to look.

There was no call to be rude if you didn't like my suggestion.
hmm.png

i liked your idea of the mill. thanks for that. it was the other stuff i didn't care for. it's seemingly difficult to keep a thread on track. people seem to have a lot to say except for the question at hand. it's kind of strange and frustrating.

thanks, again.

Wow Op !!!! we understand your frustrated you can't find what your looking for we get that !!, some of these folks are just offering suggestions.

Last edited:
I use countryside and I am very happy with it. May I ask why you don't like the nutri-balance?

Also if you order by the ton they probably would leave out the nutri-balance since they make small batches.

That is only 20 bags. I ordered 8 last time I ordered. If you have a conditioned space to store the feed would last a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom