Soy-Free, Non-GMO, Organic feed

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several sources of Non-soy Non GMO or Organic feeds out there, but I don't think you will find one without the Nutri balancer or like minerals & vitamins added. If you want only grains, you will have to mix it yourself. Find a local supplier of non GMO grains & peas (this will most likely be organic) and mix to get the protein % necessary. Adding Fish or meat meal will help. I can buy the ingredients from a local Amish Farmer that makes Fertrell recipe feeds. A local mill may have such grains or a local organic farmer. You could buy these grains from Countryside or the like, but shipping gets expensive. The grains do not have to be cracked. Good luck.

Why does everyone assume organic means vegetarian? Azure Standard has a non-soy, Non-GMO, with animal protein organic layer, grower and starter feed, all the mixes are less than $28.00 for 50 lobs. If you have drop point in your area, it sounds to me like it's what you're looking for.

Oops, just noticed you wanted grain only. Well, that may be a problem. Peas and beans have anti-nutritional factors, which is why it is so difficult to balance a chicken ration with the proper protein without using soy. Then, even with soy, you don't have balanced methionine. Alfalfa meal helps but it's still very, very difficult, if not nearly impossible.

Any chance you're in NC? I switched from Countryside to Reedy Fork Farms - http://www.northcarolinaorganicfeed.com/. I believe they do use Fertrell also but they do custom orders also so I'm guessing you could get it without??? Good luck.
smile.png
It is quite challenging!

Quote:
Some types of peas, most notably Trapper peas, are very low in ANFs and inclusion rates can safely approach 40%. They just cost more than soy. That's why soy is in everything.

Quote:
What do you mean, "grain-only"?

Do you mean all whole grain (not ground) or do you mean no animal protein?

If you are not wanting animal protein in there feed then you are trying to turn a chicken into something it is not.
Chickens are Omnivores not Herbivores (vegetarian) and need animal protein in there diet to be healthy.
Don't you think a better thing to do is feed them (the chickens) to there needs and not yours?

Chris

Last edited:
Eggdd - Have you tried also going to the 'Where am I, Where are you forum' and finding the thread from your state? You might get some more localized answers. I know that in my area I could find what you are looking for by traveling a couple of towns over.

Maybe try Scratch and Peck? They have a product called naturally free, that is organic, non-gmo, soy, & corn free. They do ship also. Just google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom