Space available for poultry/fowl East TN

Harvest Mint

Songster
6 Years
Nov 16, 2016
Kingston, Tennessee
I live on a large acreage of land with about an acre pond(its kind of low right now with lack of rain). I have 3 horses and one dog. There are tons of wild birds going here and there but it still could use more life. If anyone needs to rehome any birds let me know.

P.S. The neighbors look as if they are raising fighting cocks so it may be best if I steer away from tomany roosters.

I know you said neighbor, and not yourself. Around here you go to jail for cock fighting. Is it legal where you are at??? I think it is one of the most stupid and cruel things to do along with dog fighting. I just cant see how someone could do such.
sad.png

I know you said neighbor, and not yourself.  Around here you go to jail for cock fighting.  Is it legal where you are at???   I think it is one of the most stupid and cruel things to do along with dog fighting.  I just cant see how someone could do such. :(

It's not really legal anywhere as far as I know but it's not illegal to own lots of roosters. I could give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they are doing some specialized breeding or some kind of research but it's just weird. One neighbor piles their trash up and burns it. It smells terrible. The others next to them are Hispanic that used to have the property very nice looking but has since gone down hill a bit. Not sure which ones own the roosters. There were some cute silkies running around the woods with chicks. Might go find out and take a few hens off their hands if there is no aggression. Maybe they eat the roosters.

I do know of some peeps that hatch their own chickens. Not broilers. You get about 50% hens and the other 50% roosters. (supposed to be average). You use and sell the hens for eggs. The roosters they raise to 16 weeks and then process them. I am all for the proper use of resources.

Here in Illinois, it falls under the Department of Agriculture rules. I don't know the specifics, since I only keep chickens as pets. One of the things that I did read was that the eggs can not be washed. If they are washed, then it has to meet certain washing/cleaning standards. One reason why those that do sell eggs want their nests to be poop free. Check with the Dept. of Agriculture in your state for specifics.

Back
Top Bottom