Spanish (white faced black, white and blue)

On these Barbezieux birds, what is the skin color, shank color and general type (body carriage, tail carriage, etc....).
I am not certain about any of that. It is a breed I found on facebook. I am partial to BIG chickens so this caught my eye. Maybe next year I will try to get some. This year I am out of space for more chickens.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153208201035944&set=pcb.824365427659606&type=1&theater

Hope this works
Try this link. it has pictures and the breeders name.

Just took 30 chicks, Minorcas and Spanish, out of the incubator. Most were black Spanish but had a few whites as well, should have blue Spanish hatching in a couple of weeks.

Just took 30 chicks, Minorcas and Spanish, out of the incubator. Most were black Spanish but had a few whites as well, should have blue Spanish hatching in a couple of weeks.

What? No pictures. Keep us updated.

Just lost my last WFBS hen to my daughters dog. Worst part their own private pen was almost complete. Now I'm back to just one Splashed Rooster. Guess I'll be starting over again next year. And she was the last one I had from Jim Bell's line.
hit.gif

Not much on pictures, I do good to type the messages. I have about 70 Spanish hatched total and most are full Bell line or 1/2 to 3/4 blood Bell. They are a bit small but this is a problem with most Spanish, there are a few flocks out there that are close to standard weight but not many. I have crossed the Minorcas into them to increase their size and improve the comb structure on them. I certainly don't like he crosscut saw blade combs most Spanish have. The Minorca blood has corrected that issue and now we are on to getting the full white face back and I believe the F2 generation is going to have that so we are well on our way with the Spanish improvement project.

hi all, i have had bwfs bantams for about 3 years now thay are all that eggs non stop laying very good white faces i posted pics a while back, i think what i have seen i have very good fowl in the start on these.............mike

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom