Sparrow Ministries - 01-06-2012 Cleaning room done!

What a wonderful way to spread the news of freedom from sin. God always provides especially when we give so much of ourselves to others. He has been supplying all our needs and supplies we need for our extended family farm. We will go for drives around back roads and on junk days in our community and can virtually find a lot of things for free that people think no one can use to build with. We think of supplies that we need to build something them WHAM it's there in front of someone's home for the taking. Proves that God already has the "gears in motion " prior to our prayer.He is sooo very good!
celebrate.gif

Sparrow Ministries is beginning it’s 4th year. I once felt as if this needed to grow grow grow... and it has grown some. There is a certain amount of personalization that can get lost from growing. So maybe if I were to get too busy I would fail to take time to talk or pray with the local folks I am meeting. So whatever the case… rather we grow or downsize I plan on working for the Lord as He give me the ability.

Even though I tried to avoid being without eggs this year, by keeping my old flock until the new flock was ready to lay, this plan did not work out. My spring chick pullets were killed by a predator and that left me scrambling to get a new flock and get them laying before fall. I do have two separate building I house them in but one is not insulated (which is fine for summer chicks) but as winter approaches I had to sell off the old hens and get the new pullets in the warmer building. This left us with a 3 month gap with no eggs.

Praise the Lord we are just starting to get eggs again. Gathering 1-3 each day and hoping for many more by the end of the January. In reflecting a little at what I might call accomplishments in our work so far I think about people we have been able to pray for and pray with. I also found that after several years of inviting some people to church they have begun to come and some of them quite regular at our local church (praise the Lord).

So this leaves me a little torn in how to continue... My heart is with the ones that I have always delivered eggs to, but I also have a desire to reach out to a new area of the community as the new pullets begin to lay. I will be praying about this and I would appreciate your input and prayer as well.

God Bless!

Never posted here in the past, but have lurked and think it's a fantastic idea. God bless you you and your family for all you've done in this ministry. It's been over a year since this topic was last posted on, or that I last saw it. And today someone just said the word "ministry", so that reminded me that I just had to check on this thread. How is this project coming along?

Update:

We have had some hurtles over the last year. We have managed to buy a new office trailer for the ministry and have come up with some good ways to support ourselves. However we did have some issues with overcrowding that cause us to "reboot" our project. We only have a small flock at the moment but will have 100 new birds being delivered in 2 weeks. God has been so very good to us. God Bless!!!

We have continued our egg ministry and now that the new flock is laying very well we are currently producing more than 120 dozen eggs a month. Selling Baby Chicks has off set the cost of feeding the hens (they eat about 250 lbs per week). God has supplied all of our needs and we are praising Him for the opportunity He has given us. We have started hatching our own new flock every couple years and it has helped in keeping cost down. Just wanted to point out that we are still around and still spreading as much love as we can in our community. Praise the Lord!

Last edited:
Mike, may God continue to bless you in your ministry. I'd love to hear a bit more about how things are going for you, how those eggs are reaching your community, if there are other local ministries that you are able to join forces with to meet more physical needs. I'm reminded that so often, Jesus met the physical needs, and then addressed the spiritual.

The truth is we could just drop off these eggs at the local pantry and move them to a needy person but our goal is for something more personal. We walk up to to a neighborhood door and introduce ourselves. Then we offer them the free farm fresh eggs. We also let them know where we go to church and invite them to come. This opens up the door to see if they need or want prayer. Never being pushy but getting to know them month by month. Even the kids get to know me and I hear them telling there mom "Hey the egg man is here" :)

We are about to conduct an experiment with volunteers in our church congregation to see if they would like to participate since this is become a big job. Maybe if a few people are willing to help it would be more productive and remain very personal.

Back
Top Bottom