Speak up- The Goverment is trying to regulate chicken owners

I am usually in favor of less government regulation instead of more. Once the government has control over something it is much harder to get it back. I have heard stories of government in other countries wanting to tax backyard gardens since the growers “are not contributing to the economy.” Even if the government wants to seemingly protect animals…small owners will be hurt more than the industry 99% of the time. Us little guys are not finding DOA or lobbying and contributing to campaigns. The less influence they have, the better IMO.

I am usually in favor of less government regulation instead of more. Once the government has control over something it is much harder to get it back. I have heard stories of government in other countries wanting to tax backyard gardens since the growers “are not contributing to the economy.” Even if the government wants to seemingly protect animals…small owners will be hurt more than the industry 99% of the time. Us little guys are not finding DOA or lobbying and contributing to campaigns. The less influence they have, the better IMO.
Same here. There's definitely too much government regulations happening.

There is the option to read the previous comments made to date. For those who do NOT want this rule to go into effect; don't assume the majority of comments are against it--there are just as many (who likely don't get what an over reach this rule is) who buy into the "it's for the good of the animals".

So if you're against it, as I am, then speak up and encourage like-minded peeps to speak up as well. It's not about the protection of animals, it's about control.

Last edited:
If you'll read the fine print, it also mentions licensing requirements,
and unannounced inspections. Are we all going to have to buy a
license with annual renewals, which means they'll know who and where you are, so they'll be able to basically "raid" your property and seize your birds, if you don't pay your per bird tax (license).
This is what they want to do with gun owners, and we're next.

license with annual renewals, which means they'll know who and where you are, so they'll be able to basically "raid" your property and seize your birds, if you don't pay your per bird tax (license).
Let's go Brandon !!
With what I'm reading, I'd rather not have the gov. Interfere anymore then what they do here. The idea that we might be forced to have a license doesn't sit well with me at all. Bad enough we already need a license just to sell things like eggs and meat from our flock, we don't need a license to own the birds that produce said eggs and meat. If they do this with chickens, and other birds, there's no stopping them doing it with other animals like rabbits to.

Theres another bill they were trying to pass that would prevent taking birds across state lines.It affects any birds that aren't native which includes parrots,etc.Suppose you move from one state to another does this mean you couldn't take your pets with you?Government overreach is out of control.
You think they could do something to control the geese migrating across state lines. I don't think the bird brains will listen. The bird brains are Congress and Senate, not the geese. Don't they have enough to do trying to figure out how to make a cow not pass gas!!!

You think they could do something to control the geese migrating across state lines. I don't think the bird brains will listen. The bird brains are Congress and Senate, not the geese. Don't they have enough to do trying to figure out how to make a cow not pass gas!!!
Or how to prevent conflict with other countries. They should focus more on that then what they are trying to do.

Let's go Brandon !!
I've heard it said before that Government never met a tax that they didn't like.

Back
Top Bottom