special needs animals in your care :)

broody rooster

Chirping
Jul 17, 2015
Hey ! i was wondering who all owns special needs animals and how they have changed up different things to make their lives easier and pictures would be nice! to start it off i have a zebra finch with deformed feet im not sure how it happened whether its genetic or broken long ago but i strongly suspect genetic as it is in both feet, i have made a few low bars in the cage out of bamboo sticks you get from the gardening center and hes adjusted well but is kind of a bully to all but my other male zebra finch who was raised by society finches so hes exceptionally friendly to pretty much everyone ( i think its because he was bullied by other zebra finches before he came into my care as he had many tattered and broken feathers at the pet store and was at the bottom of the cage of 3 other male zebras) . And tomorrow i will be getting a society finch who has broken her leg and it appears to be paralyzed.

pop.gif

Well....Does it have to be specific birds? I have special needs animals but they are not all birds... Or and can it be any animal in general? Oh and Post some pictures!

-Mustang

I have a miniature pinscher who went blind in 1 eye 2 yrs ago lost the other 6 months after. We have to always keep her food and water in 2 spots 1 upstairs and 1 down. Rearanging furniture is out of the question, and babyproofing type measures taken.

Last edited:

I have a miniature pinscher who went blind in 1 eye 2 yrs ago lost the other 6 months after. We have to always keep her food and water in 2 spots 1 upstairs and 1 down. Rearanging furniture is out of the question, and babyproofing type measures taken.

Well now im guessing it doesn't have to be just birds
idunno.gif
Aww your a good Momma for her!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
She just turned 13, She was from 2 show winning parents, so I'm going to go with age. But won't rule out genetics. Everything else about her is healthy, I cook her food. she shares lots of my eggs haha!

Last edited:
We have a 3 month old chicken who lost her leg.. a rodent attack it healed nicely thanks to some chalk... and she's hopping along.. my daughter named her I-hop..

aww! pictures if you can and do you think her size as an adult will cause any problems with getting around?

Broody Rooster, have your posted on the cage birds forum? Folks there would know best about treating and managing finches and so on.

Back
Top Bottom