Special needs laying hens

Hi there -- I just saw your post and am looking for a couple of hens.
I have a great little chicken setup from the British company "Omlet" -- called an Eglu.
It holds 2 standard hens or 3 bantams.
I live in Putnam County NY and Springfield MA is about 3 hrs. from me.
If your girls are still available, maybe we could meet in the middle somewhere?
Also, I can send you photos of the eglu in my yard.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Are you still interested in these girls?

Last edited:
I live in Maine. I was down to Northampton picking up my daughter from Smith last weekend. I would take them but won't be able to get them now. I have a hen with a disabled leg who could use the company. My chickens free range but go in a pen in the barn at night. Anyway, if you can get them to Maine, I would take them. Gretchen

Cant get them to Maine but thanks for the reply
smile.png

Last edited:
I posted these girls before but not much interest. Trying again. Freeda is a red sexlink, lays daily, she's mostly blind, but can see a little. She requires a heat source with this cold weather. Monica is an amberlink, she's a normal chicken, loves people and will follow you anywhere. She's the only chicken I have that fully accepts Freeda and because of that they must go together. They are both just under a year old, I am getting eggs daily from both.

They are in northwestern Massachusetts.

I noticed this add and saw that there had been a couple of replies, but the previous poster didn't follow up so I thought I would re-post and maybe find at least two of these pets a good home.They have been laying daily. They really are very funny(Monica will come flapping from wherever she is to find you when called, Freeda will try to follow), sweet(both like to be held and petted and will sleep on your lap) gentle(take cheese, bread and treats from your hand)( Freeda cant see and might get you by accident she would never intentionally peck anyone) they deserve a nice home together as this has been all they have known.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there, I emailed you before I think and have been watching this thread for quite a while to see if someone would take them.... I rescue birds and as of right now I only have 2 (I have had many rescues, but all were old birds who lived happily for the rest of their lives, which alot of the time isn't long for older special needs hens.)

My question... we live on the cape, would you be willing to drive half way to meet us? I believe its a 2 - 3 hour drive. If it didn't work out between our girls, would you be willing to take them both back?

yes i can still take them they would be a great addition and the kids love any new pet coming to the house

Back
Top Bottom