special silkie eggs hatch along- UPDATE

Quote:
woot.gif
I hope its a pullet for you!!!! I have never had a calico:(

I looked them up online but they only show a very few roos.

I always think of calicos as cats. The big bright patches of black, orange and white- is that what they look like?

Someone please chime in or post a picture.

I have a tortie cat that is kinda pastel. You can see her early in the thread. Looks like that??

The color being coined or called Calico is a result of automasol red in the silver pattern gene. ie Grey silkie with to much red, in a nutshell. As with most birds, the male color is much more dramatic. And more "red" present in the male pattern/color. The female is much more suttle, looks like a miscolored grey hen, with reddish coloring. Most people who have had these, do not know that they are gemale calico, and mistake them for an slightly off color grey.

Did someone say Showgirls
wee.gif

They are my pride and joy. Thanks Lori for the kind words you are too kind to me.
Here are 2 of the babies I plan on taking to Nationals this year.
love.gif

53862_dsc03789.jpg

53862_dsc03782.jpg

53862_dsc03787.jpg

53862_dsc03783.jpg

I love my Showgirls!
Ok back to your thread. I am so sorry about your eggs I know how important they were to you. And me cause I would get your culls. Keeping my fingers crossed for the others.

Brody's Broodello :

The color being coined or called Calico is a result of automasol red in the silver pattern gene. ie Grey silkie with to much red, in a nutshell. As with most birds, the male color is much more dramatic. And more "red" present in the male pattern/color. The female is much more suttle, looks like a miscolored grey hen, with reddish coloring. Most people who have had these, do not know that they are gemale calico, and mistake them for an slightly off color grey.

Thank you! I knew someone would know the genetics and help me out. I guess we will wait for the hatch and I will take pictures then. WOO HOO​

Tisha

I love Cher. Sweetie pea bird. All about the love and man does that girl love to talk. I appreciate the opportunity to have her.

Your new babies are growing out spectacularly. Kind words....naw....just the truth. Can't wait to see how you do at Nationals. I'll be rooting for you.

So sorry Lori!
hugs.gif
I know you were very excited about these eggs! The PO strikes again!
hmm.png

I'm bidding on 4 different Peafowl Egg auctions on E-bay. (I know I'm crazy!
th.gif
)
I'm not giveing any links because they are expensive already!
tongue.gif

Thanks for the sympathy. I love my local PO people. I just wish the package shipping system was different. I have been in several of the major postal sorting facilities- installing track for the conveyor system- lots of items are sorted by machinery. Maybe that is where a lot of the damage comes from. Unfortunately I have a co-worker that used to load mail planes and he said they took particular pleasure to beat up the "fragile" boxes.

When I win the lottery
lol.png
I will start an egg courier business. We all know that was a joke.

I have the 1 peachick and have found a local source for a friend about the same age. I also have been speaking to a lady that will ship me a bunch on Friday. Kinda scared w/ the heat, my inexperience with peas, etc. but I will probably take the plunge. What is it with the poultry addiction?? I swore just silkies, no more breeds, now I have some guinea keets and a peachick. Someone save me from myself

Good luck on the auctions- I networked for mine- don't you just love the BYC family.

Back
Top Bottom