special silkie eggs hatch along- UPDATE

Well out of 21 set eggs only 2 shows signs of development and they are both calico- specifically a color I did not want.

The possible blood spot vs blood ring egg...is a blood ring. How do you get a blood ring in a un-incubated egg? It arrived from the seller that way.

I am going to open them all tonight to check if they had bulls eyes. Well not the blood ring egg!!

Quote:
Oh no!
sad.png
hugs.gif

I guess it is getting a Lil' hot to be shipping.

Quote:
AWW Emmalynn...
hugs.gif
I hate to say it hunny but opening them and looking for a bullseye doesnt mean anything really. After being cooked in a bator the bullseye gets scewed looking and its almost impossible to determine:( Were you sent all 21 eggs from seller? Were the temps wicked hot for shipping? extended shipping-lost in mail for a day or two-shipped over weekend? any issues with bator? ahhh Just throwing things out there to prevent the eggs from deveopling at all...I'm sure if you contact the seller they will work with you -especially since you've been waiting FOREVER to win the eggies???
hugs.gif

It wasn't too hot to ship in my opinion. Why sell eggs if you think it might be? Standard shipping and not lost in the mail. I have watched the incubator like a hawk even recalibrated and double checked the thermometer.

Sonew- I could just cry. Got 22 eggs from seller, set 21 because one was cracked and leaking white, candled before I set and about half had freely moving aircells or detached but not completely free moving ones. I know that is all about postal service handling on those but totally clear on the others except the blood ring and two calico. I had so hoped and wished over finally winning this auction....I couldn't afford them at the time but scraped up enough to pay for them...and
hit.gif
. Shipped eggs just suck and I live so far away from any of the breeders that I yearn for eggs from so picking them up is never any option.

Do you ever get so disappointed you just want to pack it up, give the birds you have away and say to he-double hockey sticks with it?

I have with fish never yet with birds (probs cos I don't have any - yet). All I can do is
hugs.gif
and tell you to go sit out with your others for a bit. Don't give up on them because you've had rotten luck. They still love you, and I'm sur you still love them :)

Did you let the eggs sit after arrival?
If you don',t the air cells do not settle. Incubating as soon as they arrive is a HUGE nono!

I recently traded eggs with someone, we sent a dozen to each other, over night for less damage, and we both only hatched one each. Could have been the heat, xrays, or god, but I'm not complaining to the shipper or the world. It's just the way of the shipped egg. That is the reason that you don't count your chickens before they hatch. Sorry you had bad luck.

I have the same thing happening. The post office wasn't kind to my box of eggs. I bought eggs from this person before. Her packaging is great and I had gotten a 80% hatch. So ordered more from her and post office took 6 days to get it to me. So many broken, so many with bad detached cells that looked bubbly. Out of 28 eggs I have 2 moving and growing due next tuesday. hope they both make it so they have each other in the brooder.

Quote:
Aw hunny I know it sucks but shipped eggs are always a gamble. Non shipped eggs can be a gamble for that matter. I traded 4 dozen eggs from my pure pens to get a hold of some eggs I had been dying for for a while. I got eggs on trades-we swapped by hands ( no shipping) but I hatched out 1 out of 18 eggs!!! 1 !!! 4 grew by day 10. day 14 1 left 3 blood rings:( I was not mad at them in the least bit because I was at their house and saw all the chicks they had been hatching. I knew thier fertility rates were great. I screwed something up along the way ..I did leave them in the car overnight...Then on my counter all day--maybe that was it..I will never know
hit.gif
You cannot blame the seller ..As much as you want to- you can't. Especially since its from an amazing reputable breeder who would never intentionally do something like that to anyone. They sent you 8-10 extras right? I wish I could send that many extras but I can't ( only cause the birds werent laying). The breeder has been hatching out chicks left and right from the very same layers and eggs-it has to be something between their house and yours-I'd say the PO for the most part!. They would never sell eggs that had fertility issues-deep down you know that.... I promise there will come another time where you'll get your chance again for those eggs or live birds..In the mean time ..big girl panties on... hatch those 2 suckers out and sell them for what their worth !-Hopefully you'll get a pair
woot.gif
hugs.gif

So very sorry. Gosh, I bet everyone of us has been in the same shoes at one time or another. It seems it is always the ones you want in the worse way that don't hatch. Hope the two remaining hatch.

I am so sorry about your eggs.
sad.png
It does happen to everybody. It happened to me the last hatch. I really wanted at least one of the D'Anvers to hatch, 6 eggs, and I got 0.

I managed to hatch 9 out of 42 eggs that I had shipped overnight. One was an early leaker. I broke another hand turning. A lot of them never developed or only got to the early stages and then died. Even out of the 9, one died soon after hatching. So now I have 8 and I am greatful to have them as they are wonderful little jems. Expecially the one who keeps getting knocked over onto it's back and ends up with it's little white fluffy belly facing up, it's little furry legs paddling through the air and calling for help.

Back
Top Bottom