Specific Old English Game Birds

DementedHam

Songster
12 Years
May 23, 2007
Southern California
Are there specific breeds of Old English Game Birds?
hmm.png
I see many types of birds with various colors but none seem to have a specific name. Are there breeds at all of these birds?
hmm.png

If you Google Old English Game Birds you'll see what I'm talking about.

Feathersite.com has lots of pictures of OEGB birds. The oegb is the breed the other part like Black breasted Reds is a color type so it would look like OEGBbbreds. I have some of those and I have some OEGBsilver duckwing.

Hope that helps.

Arklady

OEGB is the breed and there are several different color varieties. A lot of breeds are like that. Polish for example come in several color varieties, golden laced, silver laced, buff laced, black, white and everything in between. A Crele OEGB is exactly the same breed as a Barred Old English Bantam, just different color varieties.

You will also have many, many strains in birds that may carry the breeders name or a name the breeder gave them. This is especially true in standard OE Games. i.e. A man named Sandy Hatch bred a OE Game line that were very strong and had green legs (bbred in feather color) These are still known as simply "green legged Hatch birds" But they are still BBRed OE Games.

Termite

MBlueXRHcopy.jpg

Breed- Old English Game

Type- Blue Breasted Red

Some carry named bloodlines, just like race horses, registered dogs, etc. More for recognition of lineage, (i.e. Hancock Quarter horses, Abney Catahoulas, etc., etc..) than as a name to type. Hope this helps....

Back
Top Bottom