Speckled egg layers...

So strange that I ran across this. I have 2 eggs exactly like the ones in the commercial sitting in a carton today. Thanks to username: CoolPeeps - I discovered they are Welsummers (WS code) and I was reading the egg upside down and thought it was SM.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Thank you for all of the responses and help. YES! That is the commercial. I have an old RIR (my 1st chicken as an adult) that her eggs were speckled brown with darker brown, when she was younger. I have met a breeder, in here, who has crossed Marans with Amies and has beautiful olive and speckled olive eggs. I simply have to get across the state and buy some of his hens or chicks. MUST do that! That egg in the commercial is so perfect, I was afraid it would simply be "photoshopped", but you never know what a chicken can do, sooo...I asked. hehe Again, thank you, all.

Clucky, did you buy eggs to hatch? I am still gun-shy about that. They're so expensive and I am not too confident of my incubating skills, yet. I have to buy a big 'bator, for sure!

Clucky, did you buy eggs to hatch? I am still gun-shy about that. They're so expensive and I am not too confident of my incubating skills, yet. I have to buy a big 'bator, for sure!

I did buy eggs to hatch, yes :) There are only 2 Welsummers though (it's a miscellaneous shipment of all different purebred chickens so...didn't know what I had until they came).

Back
Top Bottom