Speckled Sussex 4-5 Weeks.. Pullet?

JayC

Songster
Jun 13, 2018
Hello! I have had this little lady sold to me as a pullet, and I'm hoping this is a quick thread just to crush any doubt that she might not be a she.
I know it's a little early for sureness, and I've seen a lot about speckled sussex pullets getting larger combs than other breeds earlier?

Some additional info, she's super chill and relaxed but is super cautious around me. She's rooming with a polish chick that was sold straight run, no clue, but the polish is much more energetic and friendly.

I'm not the best with colors so I can't tell if there's any pink to her comb.

Would appreciate input, thank you!

1620938935511.png
1620938948898.png

1620938971123.png

Hello! I have had this little lady sold to me as a pullet, and I'm hoping this is a quick thread just to crush any doubt that she might not be a she.
I know it's a little early for sureness, and I've seen a lot about speckled sussex pullets getting larger combs than other breeds earlier?

Some additional info, she's super chill and relaxed but is super cautious around me. She's rooming with a polish chick that was sold straight run, no clue, but the polish is much more energetic and friendly.

View attachment 2667565View attachment 2667568
View attachment 2667570
Pullet

I have light Sussex, and looking at the size of this one's comb I would say pullet.
Post another picture in another couple of weeks so we can see for sure

View attachment 2667565View attachment 2667568
View attachment 2667570
Sweet baby!!

Uh oh! I don't mind that she was sold as a sussex even if she isn't one, I love her no matter what she is! Do you guys think she's for sure a welsummer instead, or some other breed might be possible? I took a look at the breeds list the store I got her from and no other possibilities stood out besides welsummer/speckled sussex.

Thank you all!!

Back
Top Bottom