Speckled Sussex Eggs or babies

Jenikate

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire
I am located in NH, and raise a variety of breeds, but obtaining good stock of the speckled sussex is almost impossible up here! Please let me know if you have them and if there is any availability of eggs or chicks. Trying to avoid straight hatchery stock.
Thank you!

In the U.S., I have been told that two of the best breeders are Tony Albritton in ID and Gary Overton in OH. Also, English River Poultry in Ontario has some beautiful SS, but you would have to import them.

In the U.S., I have been told that two of the best breeders are Tony Albritton in ID and Gary Overton in OH. Also, English River Poultry in Ontario has some beautiful SS, but you would have to import them.
What Sydney Acres said!!!
smile.png

Thank you. I sent an email to Tony but it was returned as an invalid address :( Still looking to reach out to Gavry Overton, but all I have is a phone number. I prefer email because I hate to put people on the spot!
I can't find any Speckled Sussex Sales threads but have posted your request on the Sussex thread.
Hope that helps
smile.png

The thread in question:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/279509/the-sussex-thread
And this thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/429217/show-quality-speckled-sussex
Thank you as well. I actually posted in that thread as well :)

Thank you. I sent an email to Tony but it was returned as an invalid address :( Still looking to reach out to Gavry Overton, but all I have is a phone number. I prefer email because I hate to put people on the spot!
Thank you as well. I actually posted in that thread as well :)
Jenikate,
I am currently working with Tony to get some chicks at the end of April. I had been working by email. But he wound up calling me because his email had crashed. He must still be having problems with it!
Try calling him:
FEATHERHILLS FARM
Tony Albritton
509-995-7284

And if I am remembering correctly, Overton just does not use email. So you are going to have to do phone!!!

Last edited:
And, if you can get Albritton, he is setting my eggs around April 9th, to come out the week of April 27th. I believe he does 50 of a breed at a time. I only wanted 20. So, maybe you can jump in on that hatch!!!
jumpy.gif

Edited to say:
Whoops, looked at the wrong calendar. I think he is setting eggs around April 6th to get a hatch the week of April 27th!

Last edited:
Quote: Jenikate, I am the same way. I prefer e-mail for this purpose, but many of the best breeders out there don't use it, so phone numbers obtained by networking is the only option. I have Tony Albritton's number, but not Gary Overton's. Would you feel comfortable sharing it with me for future reference. PM is fine to avoid the spammers. Thank you.

I have been looking for Speckled Sussex. I would like to order about 10. Do you have your order complete?

Have 15 beautiful; quality SS pullets.
I live in North Florida near Pensacola.
If interested; you may send me a private message.

Back
Top Bottom