Speckled Sussex Page!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by yoker, Oct 9, 2008.

1. yoker

yoker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Here is a page that people can post pics,info,?,... about SS.

I have a pair of SS.
    This year I hatched one chick, don't know if it is a girl or a boy.
    Can't post pics computer is to slow.

2. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    I have 6 hens but I can't take their pictures now they are in full molt. Can you say bald. They are very quiet birds and seem to go broody more than the EE's do.

3. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These were taken in late Summer. They are not looking very good since they are moulting.

4. lleighmay

lleighmay Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    I don't have any SS yet; they are on my list for next spring as I think they are absolutely beautiful birds and I have read so many good reviews of their personalities. ginasmarans- yours are lovely even tho moulting; can't wait to get mine!

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I hatched my first Speckled Sussex late last winter and they have quickly become one of my favorite breeds. They are almost too friendly and I can't count the times I've about stepped on them because they won't get out of my way!! I'm pretty sure some of mine have too much white on them, but I still like them.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    I think speckled Sussex are some of the most beautiful birds around. Then again, if you take a look at my sig line you'll see I'm an absolute sucker for the speckled/spangled/mille fleur/Jubilee family of feather patterns. [​IMG]

I have three pullets right now. They are calm, inquisitive birds, slowly starting to get their speckles and losing the excess white on their chests. You can see them at 7 weeks old, here:

http://www.doberinfo.com/chickenpics/Sussex--09-30-08/sussex--09-30-08.html

7. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these are mine i have 9 total 1 roo 8 hens,these pics where taken in jJune so they look better now not so lanky.

8. LocoPollo

LocoPollo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    I love my SS's except that they are eating me out of house and home! lol But they are really sweet and friendly. I will take some pictures if i can.

9. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    I think I am going to have to get some next spring!! They are so pretty!

10. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    This breed is absolutely on my 'must have' list. Not only are they beautiful, but good layers also - so I hear. Any thoughts on this, how are they as layers? I plan on ordering 5 soon. I also want Americanas(sp?), but will have to wait until next year for those. I suspect they will mix well with my Australorp hens. Any other advice or suggestions for someone new to this breed?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by