?Speckled Sussex? PICS!

welovechickens

Songster
10 Years
Mar 7, 2009
Round Rock
Here she is!

24413_possible-speckled-sussex.jpg

Another angle, where you can see the pattern on her new adult feathers. Anyone have guesses as to what she is? lol

24413_possible-speckled-sussex-2.jpg

And here's my bantam baby, Peanut! She's standing up tall here because she thinks she'll be able to sneak past my hand and jump out! Little stinker (literally, lol) You can see my possible SS sitting down in the middle there, and Penny peeking in from the side.
smile.png

24413_peanut-and-gang.jpg

Here is what I have that was called a Speckled Sussex (I'm new so I just take what the store said they were):

3352405507_0e3ee36d14.jpg

The first column is 1 day, 2nd is 1 week, 3rd is 2 weeks.

Just thought I would post so we could compare.

Bil

It is a "mutt" type chicken. In the very nicest kind of mutt way! They are great chickens that lay beautiful eggs. Both of my EE's laid a seafoam/pastel green colored egg. Absolutely beautiful!

Bil, thanks for posting the pictures! Those helped a lot. My chicken doesn't have the white part on her wings like yours do, though the pattern on the feathers are very similar.

I agree, mutts are great!
smile.png
I'm looking forward to seeing what she looks like when she's grown.

Bil those are wonderful pics, thanks for posting them. That's what my SS chicks look like.

Elisabeth, you may already know this but no one specifically said: If the chick has green legs, that would be another clue that it's an EE. Also, EEs lay blue or green eggs usually, so it's definitely a nice mutt to have.

Good luck with all your chicks.

Back
Top Bottom