Speckled Sussex pullet or cockerel??

These look like 2 pullet speckled sussex to me. I have two that I wondered about as well and they're getting red in their wattles earlier than others the same age, I'd imagine because they should start laying earlier. I'll be curious to hear how it turns out. 🙂

These look like 2 pullet speckled sussex to me. I have two that I wondered about as well and they're getting red in their wattles earlier than others the same age, I'd imagine because they should start laying earlier. I'll be curious to hear how it turns out. 🙂
After finding a pic of an 11 week old cockerel I’m pretty sure mine r pullets but only time will tell

They look like hens to me! here's a pic of my 11 week old SS roo next to an ameracuana that I'm not sure about yet. You are right though only time will tell!
SS roo.jpg

They look like hens to me! here's a pic of my 11 week old SS roo next to an ameracuana that I'm not sure about yet. You are right though only time will tell!View attachment 2177883
Yes! That seals it for me lol all the pics of young Sussex cockerels have the green in the tail...neither thing 1 nor thing 2 have any green so it may be sage to say thing 1 is a pullet just reddening quicker and thing 2 just has a larger comb haha I’m hopeful....I’ve got enough boys in my flock and these were supposed to be pullets

That's one type of rooster we've been wanting for a while. A Brahma rooster. We have 4 Brahma hens, 1 we have to put down because she has an immune disorder.
So sad u have to put 1 down :( I love my boy I’ll include a pic when he was 9 months old. Everywhere I read says they take 2-3 years to fully grow. Honestly if u are wanting a great rooster find a breeder. This guy is a gentle giant for sure! We r way off subject lmbo but hey who cares haha

Attachments

• 107520D8-9683-4A80-9B54-173DBD303FEB.png
    107520D8-9683-4A80-9B54-173DBD303FEB.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
So sad u have to put 1 down :( I love my boy I’ll include a pic when he was 9 months old. Everywhere I read says they take 2-3 years to fully grow. Honestly if u are wanting a great rooster find a breeder. This guy is a gentle giant for sure! We r way off subject lmbo but hey who cares haha
You've shown me him before.
We don't have Brahma breeders around us, so I'll have to find one online, & order eggs.
Yeah, the one we need to put down is always getting sick, & lays puny little eggs. Nobody else gets sick except her.

Back
Top Bottom