Speckled Sussex - Pullet or Roo?

SimpleLyfe

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 24, 2015
North Central NC
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg

My Speckled Sussex is 7 and half weeks old. I have a suspicion that this may be a boy. Her/His comb is a little larger than my others. It is sill vary pale/pink. The tail was also making me raise some eyebrows, but as far as that there have been no other indications that this might be a roo. Just wanted to get some other opinions! Thanks!

View attachment 3564951View attachment 3564952
My Speckled Sussex is 7 and half weeks old. I have a suspicion that this may be a boy. Her/His comb is a little larger than my others. It is sill vary pale/pink. The tail was also making me raise some eyebrows, but as far as that there have been no other indications that this might be a roo. Just wanted to get some other opinions! Thanks!
He looks like a roo

I think it's a pullet. Mine are 9 weeks old. I have 5 speckled sussex pullets and 1 cockerel (hatchery sexed). The pullets all have wild tails and the cockerel has very little in the tail department (although its getting more voluptuous by the day). He started getting really red in the comb by 6 weeks and his little wattles started to come in and are very red also.

Back
Top Bottom