speckled sussex question

scott919

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Hello everyone, I have three speckled sussex chicks and my question is that tomorrow they will be two weeks old and two are far more advanced in feathers than than one yet the same size overall. I'm wondering if its a cockerel or the others are older than I was told. I got two barred rocks at the same time that were a week older and they are a bit larger. Its been 30 years since Ive had chickens and I am enjoying it so.. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. When I can figure it out Ill post a couple of pics.
thanks, Scott
24195_chicks_004.jpg

24195_chicks_005.jpg

Last edited:
I've heard that pullets feather more quickly? Any one else know this as a fact? Ther are allot more folks out there with more experiance than me, but I knoe I saw that on here somewhere!
idunno.gif

Boy I don't know...maybe you should just send those speckled sussex to me....I have been wanting some of those...
(and my pullets of all breeds are feathered much more than my male packing peanuts which were hatched the same day)

Last edited:
I'll be watching this thread.

Here is my week old sussex and I'm guessing roo, just from the stance.

10376_img_0509.jpg

oh - I am so hoping you guys are right...I think I'll go count again...here I was thinking that's a boy and that's a boy, and that's a boy...do I have any girls??? I've got lots of tail feathers!!!

Back
Top Bottom