Speckled Sussex, Welsummer, or Brown Leghorn?

Off topic, but yes, Spitzes are fun birds. We hatched 6 chicks in spring 2016 & kept 2 females. DD trained them last summer to come when called & land on our arm when called by name.. We chose to keep "Spitzie" and sold "Poofy." (We had a list of people who wanted to buy her. LOL) Both were affectionate, curious, intelligent, & fast. Loved the mohawks! Right before Christmas poor Spitzie was eaten by a hawk. Rather then try to hatch them again, we ordered chicks & will start all over. (I had bad luck & got 0% my 1st 2 attempts with shipped eggs, then I got 100% when a friend brought some spitz eggs back from vacation.)

This one was Poofy. She went off to live a life of luxury in a chicken coop mansion and is a very spoiled chicken.

Ok. I need help too!
Solid cinnamon color, clean legs
I used to hatch some Easter Eggers that looked like that.(but had pea combs & "cheeks") I've also had chocolate orps in that shade of brown, but orps have light belly fluff & accents. You could also have a fun mix of several breeds. Try taking a close up of the comb area. Also say if it's a bantam or large fowl.

If you start a new thread you'll get more responses from experts with a lot of experience in a variety of breeds.

Back
Top Bottom