Speckled Sussex

So the consensus is that this is not a pullet and is also not a Speckled Sussex? 😐

I really want to know what was going on when they packed these ones up. My first order was perfect. Except one was out of stock and one died. Since I was short, I placed an order for 3 more. 1 of which appears to be a cockerel, 1 which I'm almost positive is the wrong breed and 1 that is a cockerel AND the wrong breed....

So the consensus is that this is not a pullet and is also not a Speckled Sussex? 😐

I really want to know what was going on when they packed these ones up. My first order was perfect. Except one was out of stock and one died. Since I was short, I placed an order for 3 more. 1 of which appears to be a cockerel, 1 which I'm almost positive is the wrong breed and 1 that is a cockerel AND the wrong breed....Oh my.
I will admit this is my first time and I know nothing but my order was wrong as well :( I ended up with 4/15 roosters. 3 are the wrong breed LOL anyways given what has been going on and a lot more people are backyard chickening maybe they are trying to push maximum orders and aren’t fully checking vents correctly or something. Idk I’m sorry good luck !!

I will admit this is my first time and I know nothing but my order was wrong as well :( I ended up with 4/15 roosters. 3 are the wrong breed LOL anyways given what has been going on and a lot more people are backyard chickening maybe they are trying to push maximum orders and aren’t fully checking vents correctly or something. Idk I’m sorry good luck !!
I know vent sexing errors happen. I thought it would be less likely that breed mix ups happen. And I'm not that mad about that because both of those girls are really sweet. I'm pretty sure Ill get refunds for them so I guess it's fine. But hearing everyone talk about how awesome their SS are, I am a little bummed about that. So I guess this just opens the door for me to go get the super cool mystery chick from the feed store that I've been telling myself I can't get for 2 weeks LOL

What were your breed mix ups? Just curious because mine was a breed that is very similar. I'm not even 100% that it is wrong, just what I think. Were yours close breeds or way off?

Nope...definitely a cockerel, and looks like a Welsummer instead.

This was my Welusmmer cockerel at 12 weeks old.->
1684426884129.png

I really want to know what was going on when they packed these ones up. My first order was perfect. Except one was out of stock and one died. Since I was short, I placed an order for 3 more. 1 of which appears to be a cockerel, 1 which I'm almost positive is the wrong breed and 1 that is a cockerel AND the wrong breed....
By the standard, not a SS with yellow legs.

Who did you buy from?

I didn't want to go SR again, and there's no source for sexed Speckled Sussex bantams, so I went with Dominiques. I ordered 5 females, received 6 chicks, and 2 are apparently males. So I have two more cockerels to get rid of.
:he

By the standard, not a SS with yellow legs.

Who did you buy from?

I didn't want to go SR again, and there's no source for sexed Speckled Sussex bantams, so I went with Dominiques. I ordered 5 females, received 6 chicks, and 2 are apparently males. So I have two more cockerels to get rid of.
:he
Meyer

Back
Top Bottom