Speckledhen **Beading is DONE Pg 39**

Oooooo! I like it!
clap.gif

Quote:
OMG you are so right...heavy! That outfit was beaded on a lightweight canvas for that reason...it was an older gentleman and the weight would have been way too much if put on buckskin.

I had a fully beaded regalia years ago made of moose. Never again! OMG it weighed about 55 lbs. I would get absolutely exhausted dancing all day. But man it was warm in the winter. LOL That is my next BIG project....a new fully beaded regalia for myself and a fancy dance or jingle regalia for my DD.

Beading progress...well now I have started his comb three times and each time I have taken it out because I am not happy with it. Bear with me...it takes me several times before I get a second opinion and leave it alone. I can be a pain in the butt that way...so husband tells me. LOL I even went out to the coop and grabbed up one of my big combed girls and looked her comb over...did I mention she thought I had lost mind? I got a very strange look from her when I unceremoniously sat her back down, muttered and went back to the house.
lau.gif

Edit: Okay...make that 6 times I have torn it out and started over. *shakes head* I just am not liking the comb near the beak dang it. Back to it in a bit, I had to put it down and take a break. Maybe a nap will help as I was up all night with Suede and the beads. *says to self...no you are not completely obssessed with your beadwork* (sigh)

Last edited:
Whew...finally his comb is done.... I am starting his face and wattles tonight. The flash made the beads look sorta orange but they are red.

Suedecomb.jpg

Again...please ignore my drawings and markings...they are just for me to remember texture or directional changes in his picture. I look at it and can imagine how weird it looks to comeone else. LOL

Onward and upward....let the beading continue.

This is going to be such an AWESOME piece of artwork! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! BTW, the beaded earrings you showed in the earlier pix were STUNNING!! If you ever get tired of them and want to sell them, think of me...
big_smile.png
Your work is absolutely phenomenal.

aaaawwww thank you. Those earrings were made several years ago...about 25 pair of them...sold them all on Ebay, friends and powwows. LOL

If I get brave again to work with size 15 and 13 beads...I will let you know.
smile.png
I am using some 13's on this piece but not too many. hahahaha

Cetawin!...that is the most awesome thing!..i know she will cherish it forever!..i know i would!...there is NOTHING like a gift made from the heart...nothing!....she is indeed a lucky lady to get this from you!...Awesome!..
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom