SpeckledHen Eggs Round #2 -Day #22 10:45 am - 9 Hatch -2 Pips -3 to go

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so thrilled that the hatch went so well! I bet that Blue Orp egg is Smoky's, which on occasion, did resemble Meg's. Excellent!!! Maybe I will start a thread about Meg and Suede, but then, I may have to put her back in with the big guy, LOL. They are some of the cutest babies we've ever hatched, I think, especially the ones with all the red on them. The pullet that crazyhen owns of Meg's looked like you darker chick from her as a baby.

Wouldn't you know, I had to remove Smoky from Suede for her big side wound to heal up and she hasn't laid since then. Skye's eggs are still not fertile--she refuses to squat for him anymore. And Meg's sides are bare, partly from molting and partly from Suede, so she cant go back with him for a bit, even if I wanted her to. I've run out of chicken saddles!

Stories of my chickens or genetics could work. Title could be Meg's babies - Post Megs babies pictures here. Ask posters to put date of the picture, age of the chick or chicken when photo was taken, etc.

Back
Top Bottom