Speckledhen's Ivy-stuffed with grapes and smiling!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by joletabey, Jun 27, 2010.

1. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Cynthia had Ivy indoors, with air conditioning, in her own pen. Ivy is not only gallant, but beautiful. After all this poor hen has gone through, she still has a bright eye and glossy feathers, so soft and lovely- it is a testament to the wonderful care and the love Cyn gives her chickens.

Here is Ivy - Cetawin and I stuffed her with grapes, and she was looking for more:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Aw, thank you, Beth. Ivy is such a precious soul and I think you both could really see that. She is with the flock tonight since it's much cooler. I just don't want to keep her away from her sister unless I have to. Bless her heart, she just keeps on trucking in spite of all she's gone through. Thanks to Cetawin for having the stroke of genius to bring those grapes!

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    She has such a pretty face. [​IMG]

4. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    What a gorgeous girl! [​IMG] Sounds like she's being spoiled, too. [​IMG]

5. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

OH, sweet sweet Ivy! I wish I could pick her up and hug her! [​IMG]

6. VelvetDragon

VelvetDragon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2010
    Portland Metro Area, OR
    I agree, she looks so huggable. She's beautiful and obviously so special.

7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Feathers look so beautiful, especially in that first picture!

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Thanks, all. Ivy is my oldest BR hen and we will miss her badly when she's gone. To look at her, you wouldn't know she was in such a critical state-her eyes are clear and shiny and her feathers are like silk and very thick. If not for her rather shrunken comb, sometimes sleepy expression and the way she stands, no one would know why I had a chicken in a playpen in my livingroom for three days. She took to Ladyhawk (and the grapes!) immediately. Lexie was missing her so we let her spend the night in the coop with the others. Poor thing couldn't jump to get on the first roost bar (less than a foot off the ground), so I placed her up there and she managed to step up to the second level and settle down.

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    aaawwwwww She is so gorgeous and what a bright special soul in that girl. I tried to figure out ways or invent ways to pick her up and hold up her without putting presure on her abdomen but it is impossible [​IMG] poor sweet Ivy.

She is just awe inspiring for sure. I am so happy that she loved the grapes...my girls love them too.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  10. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Aaaawwww!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] She looks so exquisite in those pictures. Just looking a her like that you'd have a hard time knowing anything is so desperately wrong.

Oh please Great Spirit. Please help her to get better. We need Ivy HERE! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by