Spill the secret to long relationships

Mikey and I have only been married nine years, so we're still newlyweds, so I don't know if we qualify.

We have no children, so our secret is that our relationship comes before everything else. I cater to Mikey's every whim, and he caters to mine.

We don't fight. We never, ever, hit one another below the belt or go for the other person's weak spot. If one of us raises our voice or gets angry or upset, we walk it off and apologize immediately.

We never criticize one another. Since we both hate errands, we do them together, even doctor's visits and grocery shopping.

Most importantly, Mike is hilarious and I love to laugh.

(And it doesn't hurt that we have the same values, interests, education, and background.)

Quote:
Ding ding ding-you win the prize. If you follow this rule, you will be married a loooooong time.
big_smile.png

thumbsup.gif
celebrate.gif
I knew I had it figured out.

I don't have to work at a relationship much. It is just there and easy going and friendly and fun and just perfect.

True love for me means we compromise when needed, never get angry, and all the other things that makes it right.

I don't know...for us it is just right and don't have to pretend or worry about our future together. Nothing will change our love so it just flows easy. Nothing comes between us ever.

I know...mushy but it works for us!

Last edited:
I think friendship is the key to a long marriage. You have to like the person you love. With friendship comes everything else that makes a marriage work. We've been married almost 21 years now, together for 28 (I was 14 and he was 16 when we met). My grandparents were married for 65. I'm shooting for at least few years past that
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
In all seriousness(sp?) I agree with that 110%. If you have a great friendship with your spouse, eveything else just falls into place. Me and my DW are best friends, and we love to be with one another and spend time together. We look forward to it.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom