Spirit - the amazing grey dewlap toulouse gander!

Bhonkers, Spirit's next visit is on Dec. 11th, when we take our 1st follow-up xrays and begin removing hardware. I think (hope) it is a simple procedure under gas.

Iain (my husband) thought he could kill and eat the extra drakes we hatched, but in the end, he is a big softie. We were lucky to find homes for them instead. He eats meat/poultry (but not ducks or geese) and I only give him a little bit of a hard time.
wink.png

It is really windy outside today, so it seems to be a bit more challenging for him to keep his balance, but at least it is pretty warm. I continue to see slow and steady progress. Pain meds are almost fully tapered off. He doesn't like to limp on it, instead hopping using his wings, but he stands on it more and more. He can now drink standing from a small bucket, but not with a large bucket yet. It is a long road to recovery, but so far no real bumps along the way.
big_smile.png

How are Baby and Lucky today???

Thanks, Iowa! Let's hope this love story ends with.... "and they lived happily ever-after."
big_smile.png

So Iian,
How is Spirit today? I just forced my geese in the barn to tonite. Rain,sleet,coming tonite and tommarrow then losts of snow. I want them to get used to coming inside instead of my chasing them for an hour and freezing myself or risk the falling down fo them or me. GOD FORBID they or I get hurt, it just isn't worth it. I hope all is well and everyone is staying warm.

Hi Marty, I know what you mean. The ducks here took one day too. Now the Calls lead the way, it is so funny though cause they get run over by the Rouens.
This is all 7 of them and they will have the run of the barn for now with the ducks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom