Spitzhaubens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Andora, Apr 15, 2009.

1. AmyP716

AmyP716 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2014
    Michigan
    So I set my spitz eggs in the bator last night. I have 2 silver, 2 cream and 3 gold. Hatch day should be around the 23rd can't wait. I will candle on day 7 and let you guys know how they are going.

2. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

so exciting! Thanks for the update!

3. TNBEARCHICK

TNBEARCHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    JOHNSON CITY
    Started my Spitz on vitamins about three weeks ago, fingers crossed they start laying.

4. Alaskan

some people think that cayenne pepper helps to start laying.

5. AmyP716

Apr 16, 2014
    Michigan
    So not one of my spitz eggs have developed. I cracked some open and they were all scrambled :( I just hate shipped eggs. Well at least four of my own chicken eggs are developing. They are silkies.

6. Alaskan

[​IMG]

That is extremely frustrating!!! So sorry that they didn't work out. [​IMG]

7. TNBEARCHICK

TNBEARCHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    JOHNSON CITY
    We have always had decent results on shipped eggs. Although we have a couple of places we have shipped eggs and received eggs from them with virtually no results for our efforts.

8. AmyP716

Apr 16, 2014
    Michigan
    Well this would be my third time with shipped eggs. First time out of six polish eggs i had one hatch. And second time i had 4 out of 5 hatch. I don't know I will have to try again.

9. LisaYolkUm

LisaYolkUm Chillin' With My Peeps

I am considering getting some silver laced spitzhauben chicks this spring......................I have wyandottes and a NHR....................any advice on how you think they might get along?

I have never had spitzhaubens!

I am also consider a cream crested brabanter...........

i find both of these birds funnylooking and pretty at the same time............

i just signed up to this forum to hear more about them......

10. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    My Spitzhauben get along fantastically with ALL the other breeds I have (that includes Silkies, Marans, Cream Legbar,Olive Eggers, Cochin etc) Spitzhauben are wonderful additions to any flock I think.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by