Spitzhaubens

Thank you for not being offended! If she does that a lot, over half the time - I picked that ratio, just because - if she’s doing it a lot, to me it indicates either eye or neurological issues.
I am NOT a vet or in the medical field! I was a farrier in a former life & worked closely with numerous vet clinics. I had the good fortune to work with Texas A&Ms farrier. Back then there was only one. My point is that I saw a lot, was always asking questions about everything, not only about horses.
This is my opinion, please take it as you wish.
I am sure there are much more knowledgeable people than I (me?) on here, I hope they jump in too.
She definitely does not do it half the time; maybe three times per day or so. I will definitely keep an eye on her, but I don't think anything is wrong.

Thank you so so much for being concerned and letting me know! I really appreciate it, I am new to the whole chicken thing :)

She definitely does not do it half the time; maybe three times per day or so. I will definitely keep an eye on her, but I don't think anything is wrong.

Thank you so so much for being concerned and letting me know! I really appreciate it, I am new to the whole chicken thing :)
I am so happy for you! When I saw your post I got the wrong impression.
Btw, beautiful girl ‼️

Has anyone seen a red spangled spitzhauben? Looks like Cackle is going to be carring them this next yet and they only have a picture of the babies up. The babies look like the gold spangled ones just I think darker?

Has anyone seen a red spangled spitzhauben? Looks like Cackle is going to be carring them this next yet and they only have a picture of the babies up. The babies look like the gold spangled ones just I think darker?
My guess is maybe mahogany? I know that you can get gold from red for wyandottea,maybe it's like that. I wonder if they'll look like my pheonix does

I was wondering if they where more along the lines of how the red looks on a BBR Phoenix.
Maybe....
That chest pattern on a spitz would be pretty though
20220302_101937.jpg

That boy is pretty! I can only hope. I've been seeing eggs for sell on ebay of blue Chamois, lemons, blue silvers, and so on. I'm thinking of getting some of those eggs if they are available next year.
You piqued my curiosity. I had to go to eBay to check out the pretty chickens.

..... So how many others did the same thing? :oops:

I love our 3 pet Spitzhaubens. They have beautiful personalities- not as high scoring in the appearance category. Oh well.

Last edited:
The three cockerels I need to choose between for a keeper.

View attachment 3643867
View attachment 3643868
No spangling on the brest area.

View attachment 3643869
View attachment 3643870
No spangling on the brest area.

View attachment 3643871
View attachment 3643872
View attachment 3643873
Spangling on brest area. He feels a bit skinny through the brest area tho.

None of them seem to hold their wings in a good position but that could just be the heat. Also one is boarding on a long crow like the "kosovo longcrower" or the "sanjak longcrower". I need to catch that one crowing and tag it.

Back
Top Bottom