Spitzhaubens

Pics
quote name="Alaskan" url="/t/164012/spitzhaubens/120#post_13975110"]I think the egg color should stay more or less the same throughout her life.

I think cream is beautiful! :love[/quote].

Thanks. Cream is nice but I got spitz specifically for the white eggs.

Last edited:
I am unsure so I thought I would ask. What is the correct shape for the black spangle on the tips of the feather. Crested moon shape, tear drop, heart? Im pretty new to this variety and breed and in the future would possibly like to move forward towards the standard. For now Im not loving the look of my pullets so I opted to cull my rooster as to not be tempted to breed until I have a better understanding as to how they should look.

I am unsure so I thought I would ask. What is the correct shape for the black spangle on the tips of the feather. Crested moon shape, tear drop, heart? Im pretty new to this variety and breed and in the future would possibly like to move forward towards the standard. For now Im not loving the look of my pullets so I opted to cull my rooster as to not be tempted to breed until I have a better understanding as to how they should look.

Have you read through the standards on this page?

http://www.appenzellerspitzhauben.co.uk/standards

Can anyone tell me the sex of this chick.

So many cute Spitzhaubens! Here's my little one. A pullet, I hope. My friend's kids have decided to name Spitz "meep meep," because she runs so fast, like The Roadrunner cartoons. She's really sweet and smart, and a total cuddlebug.

Btw, the pullet in the photos is my SFH, Spitz's BFF.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom