Spitzhaubens

Pics
Yeah... I can't tell you how happy I am. One more hatched... So I now have FIVE chamois chicks!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang... I am so happy :th I just can't stand it.

They are the coolest color too, because they are not a regular white or yellow chick, they have this bit of a wash over the base yellowish color ... After just staring at them, I think they are Creme Brûlée color, and I LOVE Creme Brûlée, so how awesome is that?

I also love mister "odd man out" he is supposed to be gold spangled, kind of nice to have a bit of variety in there.

Just... Wow!

So I have been on a steep learning curve on these spitzhaubens. I have a pretty good idea if they will be girls or boys as they get their head feathers come in. The ones with mostly dark head feathers have been my girls and the ones with mainly white have been our boys. I will work on getting photos together of the boys vs girls :) also, I still have a few spitzhaubens for sale. Hope I find them homes soon.

Yeah... I can't tell you how happy I am. One more hatched... So I now have FIVE chamois chicks!!!!!!!!!!!

They are the coolest color too, because they are not a regular white or yellow chick, they have this bit of a wash over the base yellowish color ... After just staring at them, I think they are Creme Brûlée color, and I LOVE Creme Brûlée, so how awesome is that?

I also love mister "odd man out" he is supposed to be gold spangled, kind of nice to have a bit of variety in there.

Just... Wow!

When those eggs disappeared into the USPS abyss I thought for sure they were goners. So great that a bunch of them still hatched!! Nice job incubating!!! :)

Two of my babies, Lisa and Stella... Sorry I had low light.

Here are some of mine. Now just a little over 3 weeks. I actually took a bunch of pics, but my memory card corrupted as I was downloading from my camera. I had to reformat, so I lost the pics of last 2 plus the adorable group shots. Oh well! Another photo shoot will be in our future.

I have 6 Spitz & hope at lest one is female.

Since I'm trying not to get attached, let's call these A (on left) & B (on right)

These are C (on left) & D

D is the only one with a split or floppy top hat. (Kind of like a polish chicken) Rest are very pointy.
Next 2 are close ups of C. So far it's the only one that may have a touch of pink.... or is it just me?

Just... Wow!

When those eggs disappeared into the USPS abyss I thought for sure they were goners. So great that a bunch of them still hatched!! Nice job incubating!!! :)

I was actually surprised any hatched, the poor things were so old when they reached me, and who knows what they were doing in the USPS abysss :idunno

Faraday, those chucjs are looking good! And yes, that might be some pink on C.

Artlady, I think the photos are good! Low light and all! :D how old are yours?

Here are some of mine. Now just a little over 3 weeks. I actually took a bunch of pics, but my memory card corrupted as I was downloading from my camera. I had to reformat, so I lost the pics of last 2 plus the adorable group shots. Oh well! Another photo shoot will be in our future. I have 6 Spitz & hope at lest one is female. Since I'm trying not to get attached, let's call these A (on left) & B (on right) These are C (on left) & D D is the only one with a split or floppy top hat. (Kind of like a polish chicken) Rest are very pointy. Next 2 are close ups of C. So far it's the only one that may have a touch of pink.... or is it just me?
I would say they were both female. Their head feathers are nice and dark.

Hey, guys! I'm back now that Missy and Cassie are a little over 4 weeks old, and I'm still a little concerned that Missy is a cockerel. Do Spitz cockerels sprout larger poofs than the girls?

I LOVE Missy's crest! To me, it looks like something straight out of an 80's hair band, though I'm sure I'm not the first to point that out.
tongue.png
Anyway, is it normal for Spitz pullets to be lighter in color, have slightly pink pimples, and grow really big hair?

Cassie girl.

Cassie again.

Missy. What do you guys think? I know it's a little too early to tell for sure, but is there anything that indicates that I have a Mister rather than a Missy? For some reason, I have my suspicions, so maybe you could put them to rest.
smile.png

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom