Spitzhaubens

Pics
My babies with dark head feathers have all turned out to be girls. But yours looks a little different then mine.

My babies with dark head feathers have all turned out to be girls. But yours looks a little different then mine.
Thank you for the input!
smile.png
I'm just not real sure about Missy.

~Alex

Had fun taking a few pics of the Spitz today. (I rarely got all 6 in a pic. LOL) After I was done I put them in a storage tub to be carried back outside. Of course, that's when they all jumped up along the ledge & sat in a row.

Still trying to decide which ones to keep. (Goal is to keep 3 possible females & then from those, pick one keeper.) They mostly look alike. All have black crests. All have wattles that can only be seen at the right angle. (None have dropped yet) They're 4 weeks old tomorrow.
Any hints?

Had fun taking a few pics of the Spitz today. (I rarely got all 6 in a pic. LOL) After I was done I put them in a storage tub to be carried back outside. Of course, that's when they all jumped up along the ledge & sat in a row. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Still trying to decide which ones to keep. (Goal is to keep 3 possible females & then from those, pick one keeper.) They mostly look alike. All have black crests. All have wattles that can only be seen at the right angle. (None have dropped yet) They're 4 weeks old tomorrow. Any hints? [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]
My older 3 girls all looked like this one. I have a couple in question myself. Fingers crossed I have mainly girls out of the 8 I have left. Mine are 3 weeks.

Ok my oldest babies are 7 weeks this Saturday. Can they go into their outdoor coop. Upper 40s/50s at night. The coops is a 8x12 shed, ventilated but they are very protected from the elements. Thoughts on moving these babies out of my guest bedroom?

I out mine outside at two weeks of age, into this:

They even got snowed on. They did get a heatlamp. No deaths.

They have now, at two months been moved to a slightly more sheltered tractor, with no heat lamp.

My temps have lately been from the 20s to the 40s.

No deaths or illnesses.

Back
Top Bottom