Spitzhaubens

Pics
Stuck is the lightest one? That one looks female.
The lightest one is a silver Sulmtaler pullet. This is Stucki. I am thinking female, but can't be sure.
just-stucki.JPG

The older Spitz-egger is 4 weeks old now and in the last week or so a lot of white has started coming in. They were both just black with brown heads at hatch.

I dropped my camera last week and now I can't get it to focus well :( I need to pop a different lens up to see if its the camera body or the lens... Hopefully it's the camera, as the lens cost 3x as much lol

View attachment 1089224 View attachment 1089225
Oh no! What type of camera?

Oh no! What type of camera?

It's a Panasonic DMC-G3 mirrorless micro 4/3. It's about 7 years old but I really like it because it's compact compared to a SLR camera, but the downside is that since the viewfinder is a digital image rather than a "live" one that you get directly by light and mirrors, you can run into an issue like I am having now, where, for instance the actual image coming into the camera may be fine but is not being interpreted right by the viewfinder so you can't focus properly. When it works right, though, the features it has are amazing! I chose it because of the size, it has a built in flash or you can attach an external one on the shoe; you can use the viewfinder or the lcd monitor; and of course there are a ton of lens options, which equivalent lenses being half the size and weight of the SLR lenses. Granted, you don't look as "impressive" to passersby, but you're also lugging around a lot less stuff and maybe not as much of a target for thieves.

I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot it yet, but plan to this week.

It's a Panasonic DMC-G3 mirrorless micro 4/3. It's about 7 years old but I really like it because it's compact compared to a SLR camera, but the downside is that since the viewfinder is a digital image rather than a "live" one that you get directly by light and mirrors, you can run into an issue like I am having now, where, for instance the actual image coming into the camera may be fine but is not being interpreted right by the viewfinder so you can't focus properly. When it works right, though, the features it has are amazing! I chose it because of the size, it has a built in flash or you can attach an external one on the shoe; you can use the viewfinder or the lcd monitor; and of course there are a ton of lens options, which equivalent lenses being half the size and weight of the SLR lenses. Granted, you don't look as "impressive" to passersby, but you're also lugging around a lot less stuff and maybe not as much of a target for thieves.

I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot it yet, but plan to this week.
That sounds good! I am super picky with pictures and so far I am only happy with an SLR. My family members have all of my discarded little cameras, LOL! If you had a Nikon SLR, I probably have an extra lens for you. :) I broke one lens and decided to get a whole new camera. It is not so new anymore though.

Back
Top Bottom