Spitzhaubens

Pics
I love how the chamoise? roo looks like he has two sets of horns, one at the nostril and one at the top!

SunHwaKwon show me your Spitzen-Eggers! Stucki is on the far left (the other 4 to the right are Sulmtaler). Stucki is getting cheeks and nice thick neck feathers and a cute looking crest.

Attachments

• stucki8517.JPG
    stucki8517.JPG
    464.9 KB · Views: 15
  • sulmtaler-lineup8517.JPG
    sulmtaler-lineup8517.JPG
    332.7 KB · Views: 16
SunHwaKwon show me your Spitzen-Eggers! Stucki is on the far left (the other 4 to the right are Sulmtaler). Stucki is getting cheeks and nice thick neck feathers and a cute looking crest.

My older one is just barely starting to get a crest but it is hard to see in pics because it is black against black! The second picture is the younger one. The last one is the dad, all grown up now at 5 1/2 months old.
P1060423.JPG

P1060433.JPG

P1060534.JPG

It will be great to see what they look like all grown up! Thanks for showing me, they are cute. I just hatched another one and it is black with a little white butt. Very cute also.

It will be great to see what they look like all grown up! Thanks for showing me, they are cute. I just hatched another one and it is black with a little white butt. Very cute also.

Post a pic when you get a chance! These have changed a lot so far, with all the white coming in, so I can't wait to see what they look like as adults. The only real hint of mama that I see in them right now is the dark gray legs. I am hoping they at least have tiny muffs and beards eventually.

Now that we're done with hatching & looking toward fall, we must decide which birds we're keeping for the winter. We're down to only one Spitz, but then got an amazing opportunity to hatch some very rare laced English Orpingtons. The Spitz is friendly but not as pretty as our former Spitzhauben that was taken by a hungry hawk. I was thinking of sending this girl to a friend's place so that I could have the space for more orps......then I saw this:
IMG_3662.JPG
IMG_3664.JPG

DS already has "His" chicken= a speckled sussex, but lately he's also been playing with the spitz. He calls her "Poof Poof."
:lau

Back
Top Bottom