Spitzhaubens

Does anyone have pictures of theirs to share?

I got two by mistake, I thought they were Hamburgs but then they grew crests. They're the most adorable and sweet-natured chicks I have ever had. I think I'm in love.
love.gif

One is mostly white and one has more black.

As little chicks...

504738061_dhXxh-M.jpg

And yesterday:

512921339_JXBXb-M.jpg

512917009_B7dud-M.jpg
So cute!

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it! Approximately when do regularly developing females start laying?
Mine don’t lay in the winter, but if yours is a pullet, she’s at point of lay for sure. However, days may be too short and she may wait till spring.
Do any of the rest of you Spitz owners get winter eggs?

Mine don’t lay in the winter, but if yours is a pullet, she’s at point of lay for sure. However, days may be too short and she may wait till spring.
Occasionally and usually from the confused pullets to stubborn to turn it off. Although my hen was giving me one every few days until the recent subzero stupid cold weather we are having.

Mine were born in March and have been laying for two months. So roughly 6-7 months. But with winter here its very sporadic now.
We have the spoiled Spitz sister to @homeschoolin momma 's pullets. Every female from that hatch is laying - except for ours. She's been squatting and checking out the nest boxes for the past 3 weeks. Still no eggs!:(

Our pampered princess, named Poot, is our son's chicken.
Here are their Christmas photos:
(Each year the kids grab their favorite chickens to do a few Holiday pics)
784DB625-2A58-4D82-BC2B-CF1E528A4B15.jpeg
54564C9B-5AF6-49EA-AD45-F190E7111E7B.jpeg

Daughter has an old silkie hen.
3325319-7dad2fa38b7b90937697da491c00d217.jpg

Poot's favorite activity is falling asleep on our son's chest while watching TV.
1672299277670.jpeg

1672299798134.jpeg

Our pullet is well overdue.
Of course, our other Spitzhauben is not laying either. They usually take a winter break, but start up again in late Feb.- mid March.

clahi.PNG

This is my daughter-in-law, with "Regan-trop-fen" it means raindrop in German. (Regantropfen decided to sleep outside one night, and a hawk got her at sun up.)
My latest Spitzenhauben, I did call her "Golt" (Gold in German) to begin with, but then renamed her "Satelliten" (Satellite in German)
po18.PNG

I probably already posted these pics, but they are my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom