Splash Ameraucana hatching eggs

TwoShepherds

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 4, 2019
Southeast TN
Hello all! I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good breeder to order blue/black/splash (and if available white) Ameraucana hatching eggs. I enjoy the easter eggers in my flock and would like to try the real thing. I've only ever had hatchery quality birds, and I was thinking it would be fun to have some better stock to breed/hatch for personal use on our little "farm." I've found breeders online and they all look good to me. I would be grateful for recommendations from people more knowledgeable than me. I live in southeast Tennessee and would be willing to drive an hour or two, but I've had pretty good luck with shipping eggs in the past (quail eggs), so I'd be willing to risk shipping. (I don't want to hatch until the Spring, but planning new projects is half the fun!)

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good breeder to order blue/black/splash (and if available white) Ameraucana hatching eggs. I enjoy the easter eggers in my flock and would like to try the real thing. I've only ever had hatchery quality birds, and I was thinking it would be fun to have some better stock to breed/hatch for personal use on our little "farm." I've found breeders online and they all look good to me. I would be grateful for recommendations from people more knowledgeable than me. I live in southeast Tennessee and would be willing to drive an hour or two, but I've had pretty good luck with shipping eggs in the past (quail eggs), so I'd be willing to risk shipping. (I don't want to hatch until the Spring, but planning new projects is half the fun!)
my pet chicken.com

I just ordered some blue black splash Ameraucana's from Deer Run Farm. They are beautiful babies. I can't wait to see what they look like when they are older.

I ended up getting B/B/S ameraucana and black copper maran hatching eggs from Dragonfly Farm in NC.

The eggs had a good hatch rate, and all the chicks (not chicks anymore, lol) seem happy and healthy at 8 months. I wish the ameraucanas would start laying though—bunch of free loaders…haha. Well, they are gorgeous and fun to watch. Maybe they won’t lay until spring. 😭

The maran eggs are big and dark brown, and the pullets seem to be reliable layers. I got the marans as kind of an afterthought, and I like them a lot more than I expected. I might actually like them more than the ameraucanas!

So far, I haven’t seen any aggression from any of the cockerels of either breed that I kept (or that I sold/gave away at around 16 weeks).

I had a good experience with Dragonfly Farm and wouldn’t hesitate to buy eggs from them again.

Back
Top Bottom