Splash Silkie Pullet

Quote:
$5K for a new roof.
tongue.gif
We had ours replaced a few years ago. Also not cheap.
sickbyc.gif
I got the 30 year shingles and figure I will not care by the next time they need to be replaced.

Hope your child did not burn down the house or cause any explosions. Mine is still asleep. The good part of having a teenager - you don't see them on weekend mornings!
clap.gif

That $5k is only because we done it ourselves! I hate picking up all those shingles, my old body cramps up. We still have to the garage to roof this week, then I will not worry about it for another 30 years either! The house and the garage was estimated at $10,099.00 for new roof's, so were doing it ourselves to save some money. It's a nightmare of a mess to clean up though! I am thinking about putting shingles on my coops so everything matches.

My 10 yr old twins go to work with your daddy on Saturdays and my 16 yr old is an earlier riser. I usually don't see any of mine because I am still asleep
lau.gif

Our neighbor fired his roofers halfway through the job, and the next thing I know he is out there with his 12 year old daughter, they are both putting the roof on!!! It took a few weeks for them to finish!

Brody's Broodello :

Quote:
That $5k is only because we done it ourselves! I hate picking up all those shingles, my old body cramps up. We still have to the garage to roof this week, then I will not worry about it for another 30 years either! The house and the garage was estimated at $10,099.00 for new roof's, so were doing it ourselves to save some money. It's a nightmare of a mess to clean up though! I am thinking about putting shingles on my coops so everything matches.

My 10 yr old twins go to work with your daddy on Saturdays and my 16 yr old is an earlier riser. I usually don't see any of mine because I am still asleep
lau.gif

Our neighbor fired his roofers halfway through the job, and the next thing I know he is out there with his 12 year old daughter, they are both putting the roof on!!! It took a few weeks for them to finish!​

My kids do a lot of this
hit.gif
while picking up shingles
lau.gif
They want to call CPS on us for child abuse. Luckily family and friends volunteered to help, but I think they all said this was their first and last roof
smile.png

Last edited:
Well at least I'm making ya'll get up and around early. Just think of all the things you can get done after the auction is over. hee heeeeeee

Quote:
Our neighbor fired his roofers halfway through the job, and the next thing I know he is out there with his 12 year old daughter, they are both putting the roof on!!! It took a few weeks for them to finish!

My kids do a lot of this
hit.gif
while picking up shingles
lau.gif
They want to call CPS on us for child abuse. Luckily family and friends volunteered to help, but I think they all said this was their first and last roof
smile.png

DFACS would have arrested me, as mine would have called them and it would be justified. We have such a steeply pitched roof, it would dump anyone who is not used to walking a roof. Will not tell you how much more it costs to re-roof. The word Obscene comes to mind!

Last edited:
Quote:
Back to bed after a bidding frenzy!
th.gif

Sounds good to me!
big_smile.png

I'll be doing alot of......
caf.gif
to be staying up for aprils auction then getting up to see who wins the splash girl. EEESHHHH.

Quote:
Sounds good to me!
big_smile.png

I'll be doing alot of......
caf.gif
to be staying up for aprils auction then getting up to see who wins the splash girl. EEESHHHH.

Already had my afternoon caffeine - there is no way I will get to sleep early tonight! April's auction should be an exciting one! Probably should go ahead and set up the coffee pot for tomorrow morning - don't want to miss that ride either!

Back
Top Bottom