Splayed leg and/ slipped tendon and nutri drench

wtxgrl

Chirping
Apr 3, 2020
Ok so two of my hatched chicks arent great. One has a single splay leg, shes walking around trying to hold it up. The other has both. The hocks on all affected legs are swollen. It appeared shortly after hatch three days ago. I have been doing both tape and the band and straw method. I finally made it to tsc for nutri drench and i also got poultry cell for the b vitamins. The only nutri drench was the goat. I have found instrictions for dosing that to a chick, but not the poultry cell. Anybideas? I want to add i have been religious about helping both drink and have been feeding mash. Both seem energetic and ok, except their legs. There isnt much improvement, it seems like its pretty severe. Im really sicknover putting either down, ive been trying hard to get them well.
Any input on if i should even give the nutri drench? And what dose on poultry cell?

I would stick with the Poultry Cell - for just hatched chicks give 1-2 drops twice a day.

Can you post some photos of the legs?
http://www.poultrypedia.com/poultry-podiatry
These are from just this morning. The first one here has both bad legs. Still seeking advice and input. I have read the link you provided as well, though I'm not certain if it's slipped tendon or splayed leg. I grabbed a couple books from tsc and I've watched a few videos. I'm sure trying! Any advice appreciated!!
20200501_095720.jpg
20200501_095720.jpg 20200501_095742.jpg 20200501_102005.jpg 20200501_102015.jpg

Is something wrong with the wing as well?
Hard to tell, those joints are swollen - it odd to have a slipped tendon in both legs - where did the chick come from?

The one with the leg turned out - I would guess it's a leg bone deformity. Could be a development/incubation issue.

I hatched these. The eggs came from my teenager daughters friend. The one with both bad legs is also not growing, like at all. Im helping her all day to the water and to the mash bowl. The other is growing and can get to food and water. I am keeping them separate from the other four, whom all seem fine, but i have put them together for short bursts to keep them acclimated. This was my first time incubating, i hope i didnt do something wrong. :(

I hatched these. The eggs came from my teenager daughters friend. The one with both bad legs is also not growing, like at all. Im helping her all day to the water and to the mash bowl. The other is growing and can get to food and water. I am keeping them separate from the other four, whom all seem fine, but i have put them together for short bursts to keep them acclimated. This was my first time incubating, i hope i didnt do something wrong. :(
:hugs I don't think you did anything wrong.
Sometimes things just happen.

Back
Top Bottom