Splayed leg parakeet

Avalcourt

Hatching
Feb 22, 2020
View attachment 2033664 I have a baby parakeet who has splayed legs, one of his legs looks like it's bent upwards and he doesn't want to spend it on his own but you can bend it. I'm trying the tape method where you tape the legs closer together, however because of that one leg that's going upwards the legs do not want to go underneath him. The reasoning I think for his splayed leg is mama bird sat on him too long caring for the other eggs that did not survive

I am so sorry about your bird. :hugs I am going to tag another member that might be able to help you.

@Pyxis Can you stop by with any help? :)

Can you upload the photo again please, it's not viewable.

FB_IMG_1582416118726.jpg

Do you have an avian vet near you that you could bring this baby to? I think with the complication of the leg twisting upwards, a vet might be the best at wrapping them into a correct position. Time is also of the essence; eventually it will be too late to get them to straighten out.

Do you have an avian vet near you that you could bring this baby to? I think with the complication of the leg twisting upwards, a vet might be the best at wrapping them into a correct position. Time is also of the essence; eventually it will be too late to get them to straighten out.

Someone said there is one a few towns over. I am going to call when they open tomorrow to get advice.

Back
Top Bottom