Splayed legs?

No vet wrap?
My mom might have some for her horses. How would I use vet wrap? Are these bands the right size?
AE94CF85-0A61-433A-A596-BCB0D94C3D94.jpeg

My mom might have some for her horses. How would I use vet wrap? Are these bands the right size?
Tho I've never actually hobbled a chick, I would think the hair bands would be hard to size...and those look to heavy for a tiny chick.

The vet wrap and be cut to the width and length needed, will stick to leg and itself.
Something like this:
upload_2018-3-30_17-14-30.png

You can use vet wrap or a bandaid.
The blue boot was quite fashionable, I have to tell you.
Those hair bands look a bit thick... Hard to tell though.

I prefer the vet wrap or bandaids to hair bands. Leave them on for 3-5 days, but you can remove them and replace them if needed to check on the legs. Good luck, and nice work on the shoe.

Here's a video of the chick. Its getting around a LOT better in the last 4-5 hours. I would be worried that it would have a hard time getting up on the feeding platform with a hobble. What do you think?

I think I wouldn't give her the extra obstacle of jumping up there for food.
I was worried about it at first, but just before I took that video (when I was trying to put together the stuff for the hobble) I saw Boot jump on the platform like it was nothing and start eating. I can get more chips to pile around the edges, but this platform works well to keep wood chips out of their food and water.

Back
Top Bottom